John Frisch| CFP®, CPA, PFS, AIF®, PPC™
Alliant Wealth Advisors
- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Elder Care Issues
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Planning for Business Owners
Our Other NAPFA Members
Prince William, VA 22192
Two Fountain Square, Suite 550
Reston, VA 20190
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
John Frisch is a Financial Planner located in Northern Virginia. Alliant Wealth Advisors tends to all your financial needs and goals—not just your investments. Alliant's objective is to "Simplify Your Financial Path". John Frisch is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional.
John A. Frisch, CPA/PFS, CFP®, AIF®, PPC™ has over 30 years of experience in the finance industry. He is a CPA, a Personal Financial Specialist, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® and a Professional Plan Consultant™.
John’s business affiliations include:
- 1995 – Founded Alliant Wealth Advisors (formerly Millennium Capital Management).
- 1995 – Founded concurrently John A. Frisch, CPA, PC, which later became Frisch, Ambrosiano & Kontos, PC. FA&K grew to be the largest CPA firm in Prince William County, Virginia. In 2005 it was sold to the 12th largest accounting firm in the world.
- 1992-1995 – Executive Vice President of Voss & Co., a Springfield, Virginia, discount broker/dealer, where he oversaw all firm operations, encompassing sales, marketing, operations, finance and compliance.
- 1986-1992 – Senior Manager at The Rushmore Group, a $1.5 billion Bethesda, Maryland, mutual fund company, where he supervised the trading and portfolio accounting departments and managed the firm’s broker/dealership.
- Before 1986 – Staff accountant for a Maryland-based accounting firm.
John has received these awards and publications:
- Super CPA – Financial Planning Category by the Virginia Society of CPAs – 2012, 2013
- Leadership Prince William Graduate – Class of 2012
- Published on the Financial Planning Association’s Website – “Until Death Do You Part: Financial Pre-Planning During Marriage” – April 2010
- Top Area Financial Advisor by Northern Virginia Magazine – April 2009
- Small Business of the Year of the Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce – October 2007
- Key Member of the Year of the Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce – 2006
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Financial Planning Association for Pro Bono Efforts for 9/11 Financial Planning Relief Services – 2006
John is strongly committed to community service. He founded the Prince William Financial Institute to provide networking and education opportunities for financial professionals in Prince William, Virginia. He served on the three-county Battlefield Advisory Board for Branch Bank & Trust Co. (BB&T) for 15 years, was a recent four-year member of the Finance Committee for the Prince William Chamber of Commerce, and was actively involved in Virginia Society of CPA chapters. Previously, John served as Treasurer and as a member of the Board of Directors for the Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce and was the Accounting Chair on the Capital Campaign Steering Committee for Potomac Hospital (currently Sentara Hospital) in Prince William.
Due to John’s special concern for the families who lost loved ones in the 9/11 terrorist attacks, he has continuously served as a docent at the 9/11 Pentagon Memorial in Arlington since the program’s inception in 2009. In addition, he serves on the Board of Trustees for CASA Children's Intervention Services. Away from work, he enjoys competitive ultra-running (defined as running distances of 30 miles or more) and boating. He is an avid fan of, and is annually disappointed by, D.C.’s professional sports teams. He lives in Manassas, Va., on the Occoquan River, with his family.
John holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting and information systems from Geneva College. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Personal Financial Planning Division; the Financial Planning Association; the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors; and the National Association of Tax Practitioners.
Alliant Wealth Advisors provides comprehensive, fiduciary wealth management for families and retirement-plan consulting for businesses.
Simplifying Your Financial Path: As an independent, fee-only advisor, Alliant tends to all your financial needs and goals—not just your investments.
True Wealth Management: True wealth management isn’t just an investment portfolio and an off-the-shelf financial plan. It’s a framework for making wise decisions about wealth, one that will empower you to achieve all that is important to you.
Fee-Only: As a Fee-Only firm, we provide our clients with an important assurance that we will act in their best interests and provide holistic wealth management.
Fiduciary: Alliant is among the minority of financial advisor firms that is a true fiduciary, legally bound to put our clients’ interests first at all times. Surprisingly, the majority of financial advisors are not legally bound by this standard, and they face potential conflicts of interest that can pit their interests against those of their clients.
Serving You: At Alliant Wealth Advisors, our clients are a diverse group that shares a common bond. Whether individuals, families or businesses, our clients value working with an expert, trusted advisor who can instill confidence, help turn goals to reality and relieve the burden of work and worry.
Alliant Wealth Advisors was named Small Business of the Year in October 2007 by the Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce.