Karla McAvoy| CFP®, MBA
HC Financial Advisors, Inc.
- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Free Initial Consultation
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Elder Care Issues
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Planning for Business Owners
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
Lafayette, CA 94549
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Karla McAvoy is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor in Lafayette, CA. Karla holds a B.A. in Economics, with honors, from UC Davis, and an MBA from Santa Clara University. She worked in the technology industry for about fifteen years, most recently for PeopleSoft, prior to becoming a financial planner. She is a Principal and Financial Planner at HC Financial Advisors. Karla works with families, young professionals, widows, and couples nearing and in retirement.
Karla is an active member of both NAPFA (National Association of Personal Financial Advisors) and the FPA (Financial Planning Association) and has volunteered extensively for both organizations. She is also active in her community, volunteering time at her children’s school, on the neighborhood Homeowner’s Association, and as a coach and volunteer for a variety of local sports leagues.
Overview of HC Financial Advisors:
HC Financial Advisors, Inc. provides ongoing investment management and financial planning services on an annual fee basis to approximately 220 clients and manages over $260M in assets. We are proud to have a staff of experienced and highly educated professionals who are dedicated to providing personal service and individual solutions for our clients. Our goal is to help clients create and maintain a successful and secure financial life.
Our process involves first getting to know you, your goals and objectives, your values in life, and your desires regarding money and its place in your life. We develop a financial plan that covers the various aspects of your financial life – investments, taxes, cash flow, insurance, retirement planning, educational planning, estate planning. A detailed investment plan is prepared that takes into account your levels of risk and needed return. We work closely with you to implement the overall plan as well as manage the investment accounts. Regular meetings and review ensure that you are on track for achieving a successful financial plan.
Education, Certifications, Activities:
• Bachelor of Arts with Honors, Economics, University of California, Davis
• Master of Business Administration, Santa Clara University
• CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certificant
• NAPFA West Board Member, 2012- 2014
• FPA NorCal Conference Committee, 2007-2015
• FPA NorCal Conference, 2014 Chairperson
HC Financial Advisors, Inc., founded in 1985, is a financial planning and investment advisory firm that offers services on a fee-only basis. We are based in Lafayette, California and have been serving clients throughout the Bay Area and beyond for nearly thirty years. Our goal is for our clients to achieve a successful and secure financial life. To accomplish this, we offer personalized service and work to build a trusted relationship with each of our clients using a team approach.
Our services include:
- Preparation of a comprehensive financial plan that identifies the client’s objectives and provides analysis of their assets, cash flow, insurance, income taxes, retirement needs, and estate planning needs.
- Development and implementation of an investment plan that balances the client’s specific need for growth and income with their tolerance for risk and portfolio volatility.
- Continuous monitoring of investments, markets, and the client’s situation.
- Rebalancing of investments and help managing cash flows into or out of the client’s investment accounts.
- Regular meetings with the client to review their goals and objectives, financial plans, and investments.
- Coordination with other professionals, including the client’s estate planning attorney, accountant, and/or insurance agent to ensure that all of the client’s financial needs are met.
- Portfolio reporting, including quarterly investment appraisals, year-end portfolio performance analysis, and annual tax reports.
We have built our business on the following principles:
- We want to provide personalized service that meets the individual needs and desires of our clients.
- Our clients are best served by a team of experienced and highly educated professionals working together.
- Effective financial management requires an integrated approach that includes both financial planning and investment management.
- Educating clients and helping them make prudent financial decisions is our responsibility as advisors.
- We take our fiduciary role seriously and believe it is important to earn your trust by consistently providing quality, informed and unbiased advice.
- Our approach to planning emphasizes a long term relationship with our clients and their families.