- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Free Initial Consultation
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Elder Care Issues
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Planning for Business Owners
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
Beachwood, OH 44122
Barb Camaglia is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor.
NAPFA is the country's leading association of Fee Only Financial Planners.
What is "Fee Only Financial Planning," and why is it important?
Barbara has BBA (Highest Honors) in Finance from Emory University and MBA (Accelerated Program) in Finance from Emory University.
She became a CPA after sitting for the CPA exam in November 2000, scoring in the top 10 statewide.
Barbara has been CFP certificant since 1990 and a Certified Mutual Fund Specialist since 1992.
Barbara worked in Corporate Finance Planning at The Southern Company and what is now First Energy. Major accomplishments include authoring and running a financial model forecasting the cost of nuclear fuel for all the CAPCO companies, working with management consultants to develop an inventory control and cost accounting program for Perry Nuclear Power Plant and creating and testing cost of debt and equity models.
She's been providing financial planning and investment management services for private clients since 1992 and opened her practice to the public in 2004. While her practice accepts fewer new clients each year, she delights in helping people transform their lives and so seeks several new clients each year. She has also been providing accounting and controller type services for private business for many years.
Memberships and Leadership
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) – A NAPFA Registered Financial Advisor, past President (2010-11) and Chair (2011-12) of Midwest Board, past National Board Member (2011-12) and founder NAPFA Midwest Speakers Bureau which became national this year
- Garrett Planning Network
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Current member of Ohio Society of CPAs -Past Chairman of Financial Planning Committee for Cleveland chapter of Ohio Society of CPAs
- Presenter at Ohio Society of CPAs Annual NE Ohio Accounting Show for many years. Topics included wealth management and college planning.
- Presenter for Ohio Public Employee Retirement System Seminars On Financial Planning (Including Investments) and Estate Planning for several years
- Prior member of Ed Slott’s Elite Advisor Group for 2 years
Barbara has lived in the Cleveland area since 1982. Her husband is a principal in a manufacturing company. Barbara and Fred have two grown children. Stephanie is a 2007 cum laude graduate of Harvard University ,a 2011 graduate of Case Western Reserve University Medical School and a resident in Internal Medicine at University Hospitals Cleveland. Stephanie’s husband, David is 2011 graduate of Case Western Reserve University Medical School and a General Surgery resident at Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Michael is 2011 graduate of Ohio State University Fisher School of Business and started two successful businesses while in high school. Michael is involved in commercial and residential real estate rehabbing homes. He is also launching an automotive business.