Dean W. Cherpitel| CLU®, ChFC®
Legacy Wealth Planning, LLC
- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Free Initial Consultation
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Elder Care Issues
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Planning for Business Owners
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
Overland Park, KS 66207
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
My passion is helping people. I feel very fortunate to be able to combine all of my experience into one discipline that was not a widely recognized occupation when I started. In retrospect, I was able to follow a blueprint very similar to one you would pursue if you came out of college today with the goal of being a financial planner. The most difficult part of the plan was to convert to a Fee-Only advisor relationship. However, it has provided the best 13 years out of the 35 year journey.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Speech Communications and Human Relations from the University of Kansas
- Chartered Financial Consultant from The American College
- Chartered Life Underwriter from The American College
- NAPFA member since 1998
Licenses held before becoming Fee-Only
- NASD Series 22, 6 & 63
- Licensed insurance representative, Kansas & Missouri
- Former member of Methodist Church finance committee
- Current member of Methodist Church Foundation
I currently live in Overland Park, Kansas with my wife Brenda. We have two children, a son and daughter who are both living on their own.
We have designed our firm based on a few unalterable cornerstones. These make us different than other firms in the market place. They are:
- To operate as fee-only and remain independent
- To provide holistic wealth management services to clients,
- To continue to evolve using the best investment management products and processes available
- To be the most transparent, and
- To offer the advantages of a smaller boutique firm.
The motivation behind these principles is that we want clients not customers. This involves a closer family-style personal relationship. We are interested in quality as opposed to quantity. We do not view our work as a competition for the highest number of clients, the largest quantity of financial plans completed each year or the most assets under management.
Probably the most important philosophical tenet of Legacy Wealth Planning is our method of fee-only compensation. Financial advisors usually are compensated in one of three ways:
- Through fees (and only fees) paid to them by clients for their work. This is either as a percentage of investment assets under management and/or retainer fees for planning;
- Through commissions on investment and/or insurance products that are sold to clients; or
- Through a combination of fees and commissions usually referred to as fee-based where a percentage of assets under management is charged and the advisor also receives commissions for investments recommended in the portfolio