Derek T. Kennedy| CFP®
Kennedy Wealth Management, LLC
- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Insurance Planning
- Estate Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Plan Consulting
- 401k Advisory Services
Knoxville, TN 37923
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Derek Kennedy is a Knoxville, TN Fee-Only Financial Planner serving the entire Knoxville area. Kennedy Wealth Management, LLC specializes in providing objective financial planning and advice to help clients build, manage, grow, and protect their assets through life's transitions. Derek Kennedy is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional.
Derek Kennedy, CFP®, is the president of Kennedy Wealth Management, a State of Tennessee registered investment advisory firm.
Education. Derek attended the University of Virginia, where he was an All-American swimmer and earned a B.A. in Philosophy.
Experience. Derek received his investment experience at the investment bank of Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette in New York City. As a Vice President of Institutional Equities and part of DLJ’s Investment Management Group, he worked with portfolio managers and research analysts of various national banks and mutual fund companies.Certification. Derek is a Certified Financial Planner™, the requirements for which include: educational, experience, completion of a comprehensive exam, adherence to ethical standards, and completion of ongoing continuing education. The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) is a nonprofit professional regulatory organization founded in 1985 whose mission is to help people benefit from competent, professional and ethical financial planning. The CFP Board grants the CFP® Certification. This is the recognized standard of excellence for financial planners.
Kennedy Wealth Management is an independent Fee-Only Financial Planning and Wealth Management firm that has offered our services to individuals and families in Knoxville, Tennessee since 2000. We are committed to working in the best interest of our clients and never work on commission-based sales given their inherent conflict of interests. We value the importance of knowledge, experience, and the role of the financial advisor as a fiduciary – demonstrated by our commitment in meeting and maintaining the professional standards of the Certified Financial Planners Board of Standards, Inc and our membership in the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors.
Who are our clients? They are a diverse group of people from all stages of life, that:
- Understand that the right level of professional service at the right time can be powerfully helpful, and are interested in maximizing opportunities while avoiding costly mistakes.
- Are interested in professional guidance for their finances because they don’t have the time or possibly even the interest in managing them.
- Appreciate having an expert planning partner to suggest strategies and make recommendations on behalf of their unique situation and with their best interest at heart.
- Value having a real relationship with someone that cares about their interests, their goals, their family, and that will be there for them every step of the way.