Donald Duncan| CFP®, CFA®, CPA, PFS
D3 Financial Counselors, LLC
- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Free Initial Consultation
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Elder Care Issues
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Planning for Business Owners
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
Our Other NAPFA Members
Chicago, IL 60602
Downer, NM 60605
Santa Fe, NM 87506
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Donald Duncan is a Fee-Only Financial Planner serving Chicago, Illinois and Santa Fe, New Mexico clients. D3 Financial Counselors, LLC specializes in providing objective financial planning to help clients build, manage, grow, and protect their assets through life's transitions. Donald Duncan is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional.
After a successful career at Northern Trust Company, Don took his experience and started D3 Financial Counselors (D3) in 1997. The reason for the career change was so he could work with individuals rather than institutions. The singular focus of D3 is to help people achieve their goals through financial planning, risk-controlled investment management and tax wealth management. During his 16 years with Northern Trust, Don managed over $8 billion in various portfolios and served as a member of the division's risk management team.
Don is focused on being educated so that he can bring the best ideas to help clients achieve their goals. To this end, Don received his Certified Public Accountant designation in 1985, earned a Masters of Business Administration from DePaul University in 1987 and became a Chartered Financial Analyst in 1992. In 1997, he earned the Certified Specialist in Estate Planning designation and, in 2000, he became a licensed CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™. Each year Don earns at least 30 hours of continuing education credits, to stay current with financial planning topics, taxes and investments.
With his strong convictions about education, Don taught Financial Planning at DePaul University and Portfolio Management at Lewis University. Utilizing Don's teaching and public speaking experience, D3 Financial Counselors also conducts customized seminars to business employees and association groups. Don also was past Chairman of the Illinois Financial Planning Association, served on the NAPFA Midwest Board as well as having served as Chairman of the Downers Grove Chamber of Commerce.
Don lives in Downers Grove with his wife Cindi and their children. He is an active member of the community and any endeavor he gets involved with. Don is focused on personal improvement by interacting with people, reading, and living new experiences. Recreationally, Don enjoys outdoor activities like backpacking, fishing, hiking, bike riding and travelling to new places.
Our Business Model
- We are an independent, fee-only, fiduciary financial planning firm.
- We are not affiliated with any other company, have no sales quotas, do not sell any products and accept no commissions.
- Our business model is designed to avoid any conflict of interest between the advice we provide you and your goals regardless of your net worth.
- Our mission is to reduce the uncertainty of your financial future and to increase the probability of you achieving your goals.
- We educate you on how to make smarter financial planning and investment decisions.
- We focus on value for service, and demonstrate that the value of our service clearly exceeds the cost of our fees.
- We do not force you into a "one-size-fits-all" business relationship.
- You tell us how we can best serve you, and we tailor our services to focus solely on those areas where you need help.
- Our financial plans are easy to comprehend and implement because they are written and reviewed by CFPs; while other firms use a computer generated template.
Experienced Investment Advice
- We design customized portfolios that revolve around your risk tolerance, and are specifically designed to help you achieve your unique goals.
- We bring an institutionally-oriented investment focus to your individual situation.
- Our unique institutional asset management experience includes managing billions of dollars in mutual funds, high net worth individual accounts and institutional funds at Northern Trust Company.
Our Team-Oriented Approach
- Using a team approach, you receive the benefit of multiple professionals and multiple perspectives focused on helping you achieve your financial goals.
- Each team member has areas of expertise and education that adds insight to your situation.