Douglas O. Robinson| MSFP
- Financial Fysical
- Retirement Income Estimator
- Single Session Advice
- Hourly Advice
- Financial Consulting
- Investment Selection
- Investment Management
- Successful Single Women
Bel Air, MD 21015
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Douglas Robinson is a Bel Air, MD Fee-Only Financial Planner serving Bel Air and all surrounding areas. DouglasBradley LLC specializes in providing objective financial planning to help clients build, manage, grow, and protect their assets through life's transitions. Douglas Robinson is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor.
Doug is passionate about helping people make smart personal finance decisions. While studying chemical engineering in college, Doug found himself in the position of having to make major financial decisions with limited knowledge and experience. It's a scary place to be. Determined to make sure he made the appropriate decisions for his own personal circumstances, he began a lifelong education in everything related to personal finances. After several years toiling in the chemical industry, he decided to turn his passion into a career. Doug was one of the earliest financial planners who believes that selling financial products to the clients who were counting on him to guide them is bad business. To this day, Doug remains committed to ensuring his clients are on a path to financial security - with as little stress as possible.
Doug is married and has four children. He satisfies his natural curiosity by reading voraciously and endlessly tinkering. His DIY ethos extends beyond personal finance to interests as varied as building computers, rehabbing motorcycles, and home projects large and small.
What We Do
The financial industry is essentially product pushers trying to portray themselves as comprehensive financial guides. Their advice is limited to the products you buy from them.
At DouglasBradley, what we “do” is help you make intelligent personal finance decisions. We use our knowledge and experience to help you choose wisely and avoid making big mistakes. And because we know you and what’s important to you, we make recommendations that are right for you and your situation.
Working together, we address your personal finance concerns so you can focus your time and energy elsewhere.
For example, here are some questions we routinely help clients answer:
- How do I pay for unexpected expenses without using credit cards or a line of credit?
- Where will the income come from when I want to retire?
- When should I start receiving Social Security benefits?
- When should I start receiving my employer pension? What does it “cost” to start it early?
- What are the best ways to save for retirement? How much should I save? Where should I save?
- Are there ways to reduce income taxes?
- Should I refinance? What type of mortgage will cost the least? Should I pay off the mortgage or apply money elsewhere?
- What type of estate plan do I need? What documents do I need?
- Who have I named as beneficiaries of my insurance, IRAs, and retirement plans? Should changes be made? How do I make changes?
- How much life insurance do I have? How much should I have? What types of insurance are right for me?
- Do I need disability insurance? What does my employer provide? Should I buy more?
- Are my assets protected from lawsuits?
- How should I save for our children’s college educations? How much should we save?
- Should I participate in my employer’s stock purchase plan?
- How should I handle stock options or restricted stock I’ve been granted? What are the income tax consequences?
Every day, we provide our clients with advice regarding the decisions listed above – or anything else they need assistance with. Every client is different and may use us in different ways depending on their circumstances.