- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Free Initial Consultation
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Elder Care Issues
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Planning for Business Owners
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
Westport, CT 06880
New York, NY 10017
Stamford, CT 06901
Maspeth, NY 11378
Elizabeth Cox is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor.
NAPFA is the country's leading association of Fee Only Financial Planners.
What is "Fee Only Financial Planning," and why is it important?
Elizabeth Cox, CPA, CFP®, is a partner of Merit Financial Partners, LLC (MFP), a fee-only financial planning and Registered Investment Advisory firm, to empower clients to make the best financial decisions possible by providing competent, as-needed financial planning advice. Ms. Cox is deeply committed to helping clients every step of the way to achieve strength and independence through life transitions. She provides clients with a broad range of financial services including personal financial planning, divorce financial analysis, investment advisory and management, and retirement and tax planning. Ms. Cox is trained as a financial specialist in mediation and the collaborative divorce process.
Elizabeth has more than 25 years of financial and investment experience including 7 years as President of Cox Financial Services, LLC, 4 years as an independent financial advisor with Raymond James Financial Services and 12 years of international bond and equity trading on Wall Street. She was formerly director of International Sales Trading at Deutsche Bank Securities and head of the Latin American Sales Trading Desk at ING Baring Securities in New York.
My professional and academic qualifications include:
- Certified Public Accountant certification
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA™)
- MIA, International Finance (full merit scholarship), Columbia University, New York, New York
- A (cum laude), Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont
- Licenses: CPA, Life, Accident and Health Insurance
She is a member of the following organizations:
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Institute of Certified Divorce Financial Analysts (IDFA)