Forrest Baumhover| CFP®, EA
Westchase Financial Planning
- Fee-Only Financial Planning
- Military Personnel
- Financial Review
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Management
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Services
- College Education Planning
- 401(k) and IRAs
- Business Planning
- Employee Benefits
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Forrest is the founder and principal of Westchase Financial Planning Inc. Throughout his career as a naval officer, his desire to help his fellow Sailors, friends and family members resolve their financial concerns has long been Forrest’s inspiration for starting a second career as a financial planner.
Forrest is a Certified Financial Planner™ and is enrolled to practice in front of the Internal Revenue Service. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in English from the United States Naval Academy and a Master of Business Administration from Old Dominion University.
Forrest’s media articles have been published in over a dozen online publications, including Christian Science Monitor, NASDAQ, & Business Insider. Additionally, Forrest is routinely quoted in the media in such publications as USA Today and Nerdwallet.
Forrest also writes personal finance articles for transitioning military personnel and real estate agents. Check out our blog, Our Two Cents.
When Forrest is not working, he and his wife, Tania, enjoy being outside with their three children exploring the Tampa Bay area.
Many decisions go into building a solid investment portfolio, one that will help you achieve your goals while letting you sleep at night. A solid portfolio should make you feel comfortable that:
- Every single dollar is invested in something that you understand
- You’re not paying more in taxes, commissions, or fees than is absolutely necessary
- You are on your way to achieving your financial goals without taking on more risk
We know that in a well-constructed portfolio each investment should fulfill a specific function and should be right for your personal situation. As fee-only advisors we provide objective and unbiased recommendations you need to make informed decisions. At Westchase Financial Planning, we:
- Thoroughly discuss your goals before making any recommendations
- Look at the financial risks you are already taking before determining your appropriate level of investment risk
- Review all your accounts to determine your appropriate asset allocation and asset location (which investments should be in which accounts)
- Recommend real estate exposure you need to achieve long-term financial stability
- Integrate tax planning with your investment strategy to ensure that more of your money works for you