Inga Chira| Ph.D., CFP®
- Fee-Only Financial Planning
- Financial Review
- Hourly Fee Consultations
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Management
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Services
- College Education Planning
- 401(k) and IRAs
- Business Planning
- Employee Benefits
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
I started Attainable Wealth, a fee-only, virtual, comprehensive financial planning and investment management firm to serve the academic community.
Here is what that means: I only get paid by you, for the advice I provide and never for the products I sell. As an academic myself, I understand the pressures you are facing. Together, through a financial plan, we will work towards building the life that makes you happy regardless of tenure requirements, grant seeking pressures, or the journal publications you need to get this year – a meaningful life that balances your career with your family, friends, and eliminates money worries.
Before pursuing a Ph.D. in finance, I worked in benefits administration dealing with issues such as setting up medical plans and understanding the tax implications of life insurance. Currently, I teach finance and financial planning (and yes, I have been through the instructor, Ph.D. student, and 2 tenure track positions by now), I do financial plans, I answer all kinds of finance related questions, and I manage money. I also do research about what motivates people to save for retirement and how financial planners can help in that quest.
I often get asked if I only work with academics. No, I don’t; not every client I have is a professor. Given my environment and the people around me, professors and administrators naturally become my clients. However, if you are a young professional in your 30s or 40s looking for help with money related issues and we like each other, I would be very happy to do whatever I can to help.
Not everyone has the same dreams and goals in life. Not everyone needs the same advice. My Planning Philosophy is that:
- Everyone, regardless of their current investable assets, deserves unbiased custom financial advice that fits with their unique goals and dreams. Here is the translation to that aspirational sentence: financial planning is not only for the people who have at least a million dollars to invest.
- Everyone, regardless of their major in college or path in life, will benefit from being in complete control of their finances. The best way to gain that control is to be as educated as you can about “all things money”. After all, it’s your money and you should be able to keep it, grow it, and enjoy it.
- Advisors should share information rather than make financial planning look like rocket science. The more you know and understand, the better your life will be. I am just here to help.