Jennifer Coffey Smith| CFP®
Financial Connections Group
- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Free Initial Consultation
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Employee Benefits Planning
- Insurance Review
- Risk Management
- Retirement Coaching
Corte Madera, CA 94925
San Francisco, CA 94105
Berkeley, CA 94710
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Jennifer Coffey Smith is a financial planner serving the entire San Francisco Bay area with offices in San Francisco, Corte Madera and Berkeley. Financial Connections Group specializes in providing objective financial planning to help clients build, manage, and protect their assets through life's transitions. Jennifer Coffey Smith is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional.
Jenny joined the team in 2013. She is a fee-only Certified Financial Planner™ Professional and holds the Masters of Security Analysis and Portfolio Management Designation.
Jenny joins Financial Connections after nine years with The Vanguard Group. Her various positions included Client Relationship Manager, Retirement Advisor, and Investment Consultant for Ultra High Net Worth clients. Jenny was also an employee of Nestwise, a venture offering financial advice for the mass market.
Jenny has a B.S. in Economics from Arizona State University and a M.S from Creighton University. She is active at The Crossroads, an organization that helps homeless youth and young adults just starting out. Jenny is also a volunteer with the Sierra Club.
Broad expertise, individual attention.
Our first step is to meet with you and see if we are a good fit for each other. We understand that emotions are involved when discussing money, whether the issue is inheriting, saving or spending. For many, turning to a fiduciary advisor putting your interests first diffuses anxiety. Our professional, yet informal approach creates a comfortable atmosphere for discussing and reviewing what may be sensitive issues about your life and your future.
Every individual or couple has different needs, and it’s important that we understand yours. The process begins by focusing on your goals. What’s your timeframe to accumulate money for retirement? What will you do in retirement? What are your options to receive income in retirement? Are you prepared for these changes? We help you grapple with issues you’ve wondered about – and will probably raise some that you haven’t thought of.
Once we identify your goals, we define the steps that can help you achieve them. Our role is to offer different scenarios to achieve your goals and their ramifications. With this information, we hope it will help you select a roadmap moving you towards your financial goals.
Depending upon your stage in life, your requirements will vary. As a result, you may need a financial plan or assistance with one or several of the following areas.
- Education Planning
- Buying a home
- Selecting employee benefits and 401(k) investment options
- Risk management (e.g. disability and life insurance)
- Retirement / Transition Planning
- Retirement Income and Withdrawal Strategies
- Retirement Workshop (non-economic issues in retirement)
- Concierge Service (work with you as your Chief Financial Consultant with ongoing planning, tax planning, Medicare and long-term care planning, estate planning, etc.)
- Customized portfolio designed to reflect your goals, objectives, time horizon and tax situation
- FC Digital – fully automated web based offering. Investment model assigned based on responses to risk questions
- Update existing financial plan
- Second opinion on your investment portfolio