Jennifer Lazarus| CFP®
Lazarus Financial Planning, LLC
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Management
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Education Planning
- Ongoing Financial Planning
- Hourly Cash Flow Consultations
- Group Financial Coaching
Durham, NC 27713
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
While many people hire me initially because of the investments, I often hear that the true value lies in all the work we do above and beyond the portfolio. In other words, financial planning is so much more than just managing the money. I help people get organized and take care of all the details of their financial lives: everything from being intentional with where their money is going to reviewing their insurance coverage and helping them get what they need; from discussing how much to put down on their new home to making sure their legal documents reflect their intentions.
As a “financial planner for the socially responsible investor,” I work exclusively with people who share my conviction that we can solve social and environmental problems by how we spend, donate, volunteer, and invest our capital. Here again, our conversations are deeper than just what’s in the portfolio because there are so many ways to be socially responsible with our money that goes well beyond what’s in the brokerage account.Because the way I work engages people at the level of their values, aspirations, and yes, even their stumbling blocks, I am regularly helping people improve their relationship with money, and their relationships with each other around money.
While the technical side is intellectually engaging and feeds my love of learning, it’s the human connection, the relationship that strengthens over time, and the chance to really impact someone’s life that energizes me. At the end of the day, the greatest compliment is to hear: you remind me of who I am and we move forward with that.
Lazarus Financial Planning purposefully combines several characteristics, and in doing so, fills a unique niche.
Comprehensive financial planning
- Comprehensive financial planning -- going beyond just investments
- Unique financial planning topics relevant to women & unmarried couples
- Cash flow planning that is more than budgeting
- Socially responsible mutual funds & community investments
- Creates a comfortable, non-judgmental atmosphere
- Draws out the financially naive, reluctant, disinterested or resistant
- Offers win-win alternatives for couples with money differences
- Listens..and gives advice based on what matters most to you
- Fiduciary -- as a fiduciary, I’ve committed to put your interests ahead of my own
- Code of ethics: NAPFA and CFP Board
- Personally invested right alongside my clients -- in other words, I “eat my own cooking”
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
- Fee only -- different from “fee-based,” fee only means I am only compensated by you
- Flat, predictable fees based on net worth