Jim MacKay| CFP®
Jim MacKay Financial Planning, LLC
- Fee-Only Financial Planning
- Financial Review
- Hourly Fee Consultations
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Management
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Services
- College Education Planning
- 401(k) and IRAs
- Business Planning
- Employee Benefits
Springfield, MO 65807
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Jim MacKay is a Certified Financial Planner™ professional with vast experience helping people make the most of their money and a passion for providing “real financial planning”.
Jim’s professional experience includes working as a licensed representative in an insurance agency, seven years as portfolio manager for a trust company, as a financial counselor to service members and their families, and extensive training and experience at Vanguard, a respected worldwide leader in investment services. Along the way, Jim has helped people struggling to make ends meet as well as those with multi-million dollar portfolios.
Jim earned a bachelor of science degree in economics from Arizona State University and completed training, exam, and experience requirements to become a Certified Financial Planner™ professional.
Jim’s approach to financial planning is different. It’s not about selling products, or making things overly complicated. It’s about doing what’s best for people. In his words, it's “Real Financial Planning".
“I realized there aren’t many places where a person can get financial advice that’s not tainted by an advisor selling products or trying to convince you to invest money with them. I’ve always wanted to provide truly objective advice with no strings attached. I think people really appreciate being told the truth.”
Jim currently serves on the Board for Ozark Greenways, is a member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) and the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA). He previously served on the Advisory Board for the Journal of Financial Planning.
Jim and his wife Darci were married in Williams Chapel at College of the Ozarks in 1997 and have three young children. They live in Springfield, MO and enjoy outdoor activities, including spending time at Table Rock Lake, on ozarks rivers and streams, and rooting on their kids in a variety of sports and academic pursuits.
Jim MacKay Financial Planning was built from the ground up with you in mind.
We want to be easy to work with.
To do this we:
- Make our services available to anyone, regardless of their net worth or investment portfolio.
- Use the latest technology so we can work with you from just about anywhere.
- Created a simple and straightforward fee structure
- Enjoy teaching as much as you want to learn.
- Always speak to you in plain English.
- Offer flexible service options
- Hourly, As-Needed Financial Planning - An engagement focused on your pressing concerns so you get answers and only pay for the help you need.
- Annual, ongoing advice - a year round planning partnership with continuous advice, support, and answers on a wide variety of topics, so you can make the most of your life.
- Retirement Plan Services - Designed to address the retirement plan needs of small businesses. We'll help you create, implement, and monitor a great plan based on ERISA best practices so you get the most from your retirement plan and satisfy your fiduciary responsibilities.