John Carrig| CFA, CFP®
Gold Coast Financial Planning
- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Free Initial Consultation
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Elder Care Issues
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Planning for Business Owners
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
John Carrig is a Boca Raton, FL Fee-Only Financial Planner serving Boca Raton and all surrounding areas. Gold Coast Financial Planning specializes in providing objective financial planning to help clients build, manage, grow, and protect their assets through life's transitions. John Carrig is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional.
John Carrig, CFA®, CFP®,is the founding principal of Gold Coast Financial Planning, an independent financial planning and investment advisory firm. The firm provides fee-only financial planning services and investment advice to individuals and families from all walks of life and income levels.
- As a Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) professional and Member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA), John is committed to championing the Six-Step Financial Planning Process as outlined by the CFP Board of Standards. He believes everyone can and should benefit from professional, unbiased financial planning and advice, not just those who are wealthy.
- As a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®), John stands on years of analytical experience coupled with the rigorous education and examination in investment counseling and management, as proffered by the CFA Institute (formerly the Association for Investment Management and Research).
- As a fee-only planner, John is committed to objectivity and independence. He works solely for his clients. He does not sell products nor does he receive any commissions or third-party referral fees. This allows clients to receive objective financial planning advice, without conflicts of interest regarding compensation.
- As a Member of The Garrett Planning Network, Inc. (GPN), John is committed to providing objective, affordable advice to people from all walks of life and income levels. Services are offered on either an hourly-as-needed or ongoing retainer basis – whichever is more appropriate for the client. An estimate of fees is given to all clients before committing to any services.
John has been a part of the financial services industry for over thirty years, both in New York and London, U.K. He has served in various capacities including equity and fixed income trading, investment banking and global investor services. Prior to moving to Florida and establishing Gold Coast Financial Planning, he serviced Corporate and Public pension clients for JPMorgan as a portfolio valuation analyst.
For many years, family, friends and colleagues have been asking John’s advice about personal financial matters, including retirement choices, investment options in their 401(k) plans, employee benefit decisions, long-term care for their parents and first-time home buyer concerns. The satisfaction of helping others led John to providing advice to individuals and families on a private consulting basis for the past severalyears. Transitioning from a rewarding corporate career to personal financial planning has allowed John to fulfill two very important goals: Enjoy the comfortable lifestyle of the Florida coast and establish an independent financial planning practice.
To enhance his independent fee-only practice, John joined The Garrett Planning Network (GPN), a nationwide network of fee-only financial planners with a common goal: To provide professional, unbiased financial planning and advice to people from all walks of life. Other professional memberships include:
- CFA Institute - formerly Association for Investment Management and Research
- CFA Society of South Florida (CFASFL)
- CFA Miami
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Financial Planning Association (FPA) – active in Broward County local chapter
Reasons to contact John:
1) His hourly-as-needed structure, allows people from all walks of life, regardless of their income levels, to receive the same type of quality, fee-only advice and professional financial planning services once available only to the affluent.
2) You will know what to expect and what it costs before committing for any services. Clients elect the level of service that’s right for them: hourly-as-needed or ongoing retainer services.
3) There are no hidden agendas or fees. All advice is rendered commission-free. There are no long-term contracts to sign, nor are you required to turn over your assets for management.
4) John has the experience, expertise and resources to meet your needs. From the most basic financial question to the most sophisticated financial plan, John’s 30 years of experience, targeted education and professional credentials give him uncommon depth and perspective on which to stand.
John offers a complimentary, no-obligation “Get Acquainted” meeting to determine if your needs and his services are a good match. If you live outside of the Gold Coast area, John would be happy to work with you “virtually” via email, the telephone and web conferences. Simply call or email John for an appointment.
The one constant in our lives is that it will change. A new job, marriage or divorce, buying a home, an unexpected illness, an inheritance, retirement and a hundred other changes in our lives. We make choices to manage these changes but sometimes we need help to ensure that our choices are the right ones. Many of these changes involve financial decisions and planning, so everyone needs financial advice at some point.
Gold Coast Financial Planning is proud to offer a wide variety of financial services to individuals and families. What we offer is professional, unbiased advice and financial education. Our clients come from all walks of life. We work with people just starting out on their financial planning journey, to the sophisticated do-it-yourself investor. Some clients utilize our services for small questions; others use us for larger, more comprehensive projects. Either way, you are always in control of the services and costs at Gold Coast Financial Planning. You choose the advice you need. You pay for the advice you choose.
Typical every day questions we hear from our clients include:
- Am I saving enough to meet my retirement goals?
- Are my investments allocated appropriately for my goals?
- How much should I be saving for my children's education?
- What are the best investments for retirement and education saving?
- Is now the time to reallocate my investments?
- Should I put my extra income toward savings or debt?
- Do I have proper insurance coverage for all areas of my life?
- How much life insurance is appropriate at this stage of my life?
- Do I really need a Will? What other documents are appropriate?
- How do I ensure my assets will reach my chosen family members?
- Am I taking full advantage of my employee benefits?
- Are there ways I can minimize my income taxes?
To help you reach these important goals, our services include:
- Personalized Financial Planning – We perform an in-depth review of your financial life including your income, expenses, net worth, debt, investments, insurance, taxes, retirement and college funding and estate planning.
- Retirement Planning Strategies – We forecast benefits and costs, evaluate distribution options, and analyze the investments in your current retirement plan considering your risk tolerance and investment horizon.
- Investment Planning – We develop personalized investment plans and asset allocation strategies and educate you about different investments.
- Tax Planning and Tax Preparation – We help maximize your after tax returns utilizing legitimate opportunities for tax reduction and can also prepare your income tax returns.
- Cash Flow Spending Plan – We assist you in developing a budget and coach you in reducing debt.
- College Funding Advice – We calculate costs, analyze different college saving opportunities and set realistic savings goals for your family.
- Insurance Planning – We analyze your need for life, disability and health insurance and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Estate Planning – We help you understand your estate planning needs, discuss your options and, if necessary, can recommend legal counsel to complete your documents.
- Second Opinions – We provide peace of mind to “do-it-yourselfers” by offering second opinions on current investments and financial plans.
- Financial Seminars & Education – We can speak to your company, church, or organization to provide advice and information on employee benefits, investment philosophies, and other financial matters.