Kathleen Longo| CFP®, CAP®, CDFA
Flourish Wealth Management
- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Planning for Business Owners
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
- High Net-Worth Clients
- Tax Planning and Preparation
- Advising Medical Professionals
Edina, MN 55435
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Kathleen Longo is a Minneapolis, MN Fee-Only Financial Planner serving the entire region. Flourish Wealth Management specializes in providing objective financial planning to help clients build, manage, grow, and protect their assets through life's transitions. Kathleen Longo is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional.
Kathy Longo brings over 20 years of expertise and experience to Flourish Wealth Management. After earning a degree in Financial Planning and Counseling from Purdue University, she began her career at a small firm in Palatine, Illinois where she worked directly with clients while learning to build a viable, client-centric business. Over the years, she gained extensive knowledge and wisdom working as a wealth manager, financial planner, firm manager and business owner at notable, various sized companies in both Chicago and Minneapolis.
As a leader within her field, Kathy has garnered a vast array of honors and recognitions. Continually dedicated to professional self-improvement, she has earned several industry-leading certifications and stays relevant and innovative through both community involvement projects and her work on a variety of local and national boards.
Throughout her career, she maintained a desire to start a company of her own, focused on delivering her expertise to a dedicated group of clients. Flourish Wealth Management embodies the fruition of that dream and builds off a vast foundation of insight and experience. Kathy is wholly dedicated to improving the life of each client and finds joy in making complex matters simple and easy to understand. She excels at asking the right questions, uncovering new possibilities and implementing the most advantageous strategies for success. Playing such a pivotal role in her clients’ lives remains an honor and a privilege.
Work Experience - Accredited Investors, Family Financial Strategies, American Express Trust Company, KPMG, Deloitte & Touche & CCP Financial Planning
Honors & Recognitions
- “Top 50 Women in Wealth Management” Wealth Manager Magazine, 2009
- "Future Star of The Financial Planning Profession" Financial Advisor Magazine, 2004
- “One of the nation’s Top 250 Wealth” Advisors Worth Magazine, 2008
- “Five Star Wealth Manager Award” 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2017
- “Outstanding Professional Alumni Award” Purdue University Consumer and Family Sciences School, 2004
- Quoted as a trusted expert in multiple national and local publications including, the Star Tribune, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Money Magazine, More®, USA TODAY, REAL SIMPLE, Bloomberg Wealth Manager, Journal of Financial Planning, Financial Advisor, Investment News, The Wall Street Journal, Ladies Home Journal, Chicago Tribune, and New York Daily News, amongst others
Education & Certifications
- BS in Financial Planning and Counseling from Purdue University
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy®
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
Board, Professional & Community Involvement
- Serves as Chairperson of the Executive Board of Directors for Common Hope to help provide Guatemalan children and families with choices and opportunities
- Serves on the Board of Directors for YWCA Minneapolis to eliminate racism and empower women and girls
- Serves on Professional Advisor Committee for the Minneapolis Foundation
- Serves on the Board of Directors for Stage Presents
- Member of Women Presidents' Organization
- Served on the Board of the National Financial Planning Association and as President of the Minnesota Financial Planning Association
- Served on an advisory council with Purdue University
Flourish Wealth Management is an independent, fee-only, boutique wealth management firm that provides hands-on expertise focused solely on the best interest of each client. Our proactive approach integrates industry-leading financial solutions combined with innovative strategies. At Flourish, our trusted advisors help ensure preparation for the future - no matter what it brings.
We bring the expertise and tools necessary to improve our clients’ lives. Flourish serves a dedicated group of clients through highly personal relationships. We listen. We ask the right questions. Taking the time to learn all the important details of life, including aspirations, values and passions, we can skillfully integrate all available resources to create expertly tailored planning. It is a place to Flourish!
Our team is excited to learn about your financial goals and work together to help you realize those dreams. Contact us to learn more at 952.392.4474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.