Laurie I. Laner| CFP®, CeFT®
Financial Designs, Inc.
- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Free Initial Consultation
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Elder Care Issues
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Planning for Business Owners
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
Minneapolis, MN 55416
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Laurie started the business in 1988. From a solo practice, FDI has grown into a thriving financial planning practice, with two full-time staff members and over 50 clients. Laurie is an independent Certified Financial Planner (CFP). She is a specialist in retirement, investment, tax and estate planning. Laurie served as the chairperson, president and board member of the International Association for Financial Planning - Minnesota Chapter from 1992-96. She has also taught as an adjunct professor for the University of Minnesota for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation in retirement and employee benefits.
Laurie is best known as a monthly columnist for Women's Business Minnesota Magazine and a regular guest financial planning expert on WCCO Radio. Named top wealth manager in Minneapolis/St Paul for years 2010, 2011, and 2012 by Minneapolis St Paul Magazine as well as Twin Cities City Business. She just concluded a three-year term as a gubernatorial appointment to the Minnesota Board on Aging.
She is a cum laude graduate of Macalester College, and an avid golfer, runner, cyclist, and gardener.
The security of knowing your financial life is handled.
We dive deep to understand your unique needs and priorities—and then we take on the workload so you have more time to devote to the people and pursuits you love. Our team meticulously manages every detail of your financial life so your money works as hard as possible for you.
Here is what else we provide:
- A uniquely tailored plan that optimizes your assets and priorities.
- Trusted partnership from a compassionate team that is deeply, personally invested in your success. If it matters to you, it matters to us.
- More money, because we make decisions based on your best interests, rather than taking commissions on sales.
- Security. Imagine never again having to worry if you are doing everything you can to protect and grow your assets. That is what it is like to work with us.