Matt Balderston| CFP®
Pure Financial Advisors, Inc.
- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Free Initial Consultation
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Elder Care Issues
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Planning for Business Owners
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
San Diego, CA 92108
Irvine, CA 92614
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Matt is a graduate of the University of California, San Diego with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. After 10 years as an engineer, Matt decided to pursue a long-held passion and shifted his career to finance. He attained his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation and the Accredited Investment Fiduciary designation. Prior to becoming a fee-only advisor Matt also held the FINRA series 7 and 63 financial licenses. Since 2002, Matt has written financial plans for a successful financial planning firm. That experience and his 10 years as an engineer designing processes brings a level of critical thinking and detail that made him an ideal candidate to be a founding staff member and financial planner with Pure Financial Advisors. His success as a Financial Advisor can be directly attributed to his detailed approach and commitment to quality advice and superior service for each client. Matt is married and the father of two sons. For six months out of every year, he tortures himself by being a huge Padres fan.
Professional Designations & Licenses:
- Certified Financial Planner™ Professional (CFP®)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
When we set out to design a financial services company that would inspire trust, we began by examining and addressing the common causes for distrust. Then, with guidance from respected academics and recognized industry professionals, we created a company that is, to the best of our knowledge, remarkably different from any other. Here's why:
- Advisor Compensation — Pure Financial Advisors is a fee-only advisory firm and your Pure Financial Advisors personal financial planner is a salaried-only employee who is never compensated by the sale of financial products or asset management fees.
- Credentialed & Competent — Pure Financial Advisors is registered with the SEC as a Registered Investment Advisor. Your Pure Financial Planner must have the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner credential CFP®, Certified Public Accountant CPA, or Chartered Financial Analyst CFA, plus the Accredited Investment Fiduciary credential (AIF®) and a minimum of five years of financial industry experience.
- Fiduciary Responsibility — By definition, a fiduciary is legally obligated to act in your best interest and avoid conflicts of interest. We put our fiduciary responsibility to you in writing with every service we offer.
- Comprehensive Planning — Your financial plan will combine investment planning, tax planning, estate planning and trust review, as subject to contract limitations. Implemented plans are regularly reviewed and updated to stay current.
- Lifetime Relevance — Your financial plan, tax strategies and investments stay current and relevant throughout your lifetime because it is a dynamic plan that is monitored and updated regularly.
- Simple, Well-Organized, Accessible — Your financial planner simplifies and organizes your accounts and documents, which you can access 24/7 on your personalized, encrypted website included with your plan implementation.
- Full Disclosure — You will know how we are compensated and how much because we provide you with a written quarterly report detailing your expenses and any compensation we may receive.
- Genuine Value — The price you pay is based on the financial plan and implementation package you select. Our management fee is for much more than asset management, it includes continuous comprehensive strategic planning from our highly qualified team.
- No Minimum Net Worth Required — Although we provide the complex and coordinated professional services valued by our high net worth clients, we do not impose a minimum net worth to become a client. Pure Financial was designed to allow the mass affluent access to the professional expertise demanded by the high net worth.