Philip J. Capell| CFP®, JD
Piermont Wealth Management Inc.
- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Free Initial Consultation
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Elder Care Issues
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Planning for Business Owners
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
New York, NY 10017
Melville, NY 11747
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Mr. Capell has been educating and assisting individuals and families with retirement, financial, & estate planning for over 20 years. He focuses on each client’s financial needs, be it capital preservation or growth, income at retirement, and/or tax planning, and provides a comprehensive, personal plan to achieve his client’s objectives. Upon constructing a financial plan, Mr. Capell builds a portfolio asset allocation suitable to his client’s objectives and risk tolerance and then provides ongoing investment management services. Philip is married with two sons and a daughter residing on Long Island, New York. He is a multi-marathon finisher and an Ironman triathlon finisher.
Here is some additional information about Mr. Capell:
College: Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, B.S. 1987.
Law School: Washington School of Law, American University, Washington D.C., J.D. 1990.
Graduate School: Pace University, New York, New York, M.S. in Taxation 1998.
Memberships, Organizations & Offices:
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors-accepted Member of the Nation's premier Fee-only Financial Planning organization.
- Financial Planning Association - member
- Nassau Academy of Law ("NAL"): Past Dean of the Nassau Academy of Law (2004-2005).
- Nassau County Bar Association ("NCBA"): Former Chairperson of the Attorney/Accountant Committee; Former Chairperson of the Tax Law Committee, appointed by the Honorable Frank A. Gulotta, Jr. and current member of Tax Law Committee.
- New York State Bar Association ("NYSBA"): Member of Elder Law Section - Past Chair Financial Planning Committee; Member of the Tax Law Committee and Estates & Trusts Committee and Former Member of the House of Delegates.
- Estate Planning Council of Nassau County - member.
Community, Articles & Pro Bono Activities:
- Monthly Guest speaker on Hofstra University's Bottom Line Benefit Talk show (WRHU 88.7 FM) & past guest on the Radio Talk show (WHPC, 90.3 FM) concerning various issues such as Retirement Planning & Retirement Income, Financial Planning, Charitable Planned Giving and Year-end Financial & Tax Planning.
- Lectured for numerous financial institutions, civic associations and business organizations, including but not limited to the New York State Bar Association, Nassau County Bar Association, Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade, SmithBarney (c/k/a Morgan Stanley), and HSBC on various financial, retirement and estate planning services.
- Printed in several publications, including Morningstar.com, Financial Advisor Magazine, Long Island Business News, Nassau Lawyer, New York State Bar publication on various investment and financial planning topics.
Piermont Wealth Management Inc. is a Fee-only Financial Planning and Investment Management Firm with offices in Manhattan and Woodbury, New York. Our comprehensive Advisory Services educate you on what you have, what you need, and how to achieve your financial gols. Here's how
Are you too busy to study the financial markets? Are you too overwhelmed with investment options and complicated tax issues? Are you not getting the attention you deserve from your full commission broker? If so, we can help you.
At PIERMONT, we strongly believe that independent, fee-only (non-commission based) financial advisors provide you with the best solutions to your financial needs. It comes from our long standing philosophy of ethical, conflict free service and placing your needs first. With so many people calling themselves financial advisors these days, it is hard to know who you can trust. Whether an advisor is considered a financial consultant, financial planner or investment advisor, the title does not tell you about the advisor`s qualifications or method of compensation. Often, these advisors focus their recommendations around the products they can sell to you. We do not sell products, only our services.
At PIERMONT, we pride ourselves on our ability to financially educate you on what you have and what you need. You work through a process that includes many factors such as a review of your cash flow, current portfolio, and income tax situation. You receive various illustrations including statements that reflect your cash flow items, asset allocation, risk analysis, and more. You have access to our financial planning and investment management brochures, financial e-newsletter, free financial planning workshops, etc. This eye-opening experience allows you to take control of your assets, know where you are spending your money, and achieve your financial goals. Get financially educated!
At PIERMONT, we provide financial planning and investment management services. Financial planning can include goal setting, investment planning, tax advice, retirement planning, estate planning, and cash flow management. Investment management is the ongoing management of your investment portfolio including the development and implementation of a disciplined investment strategy. You can choose either of these types of services based upon your needs.
Finally, at PIERMONT, our firm's objectives are to develop lasting trust relationships. We work with you to develop, implement and monitor a customized, comprehensive financial plan. Your plan is created to satisfy your financial goals and obtain maximum after-tax returns in light of your risk tolerance.