- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Free Initial Consultation
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
- Middle Income Client Needs
- High Net-Worth Clients
- Unmarried and Same-Sex Couples
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Robert Oliver is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor.
NAPFA is the country's leading association of Fee Only Financial Planners.
What is "Fee Only Financial Planning," and why is it important?
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Chartered Financial Analyst® charterholder
- Master of Business Administration, Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts, Film and Video Studies, University of Michigan, 1994
- Principal, Oliver Financial Planner, LLC, Ann Arbor, MI, April 2005 to present
- Director in Executive Development Program, MassMutual, Springfield, MA, 2002-2005
- Equity Research Associate, Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette, New York, NY, 1999-2000
- Equity Administration Associate, Donaldson, Lufkin, & Jenrette, New York, NY 1997-1998
- Marketing and Sales Associate, Curtin & Alf Violinmakers, Ann Arbor, MI, 1994-1997
Rob Oliver, CFA, CFP is the founder and principal of Oliver Financial Planning, LLC, a Fee-Only financial planning and Registered Investment Advisory firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Rob started Oliver Financial Planning following a career in the financial services industry that gave him insight into the inner workings of many large financial institutions. He has analyzed stocks at a Wall Street investment bank, researched investment managers at a brokerage firm, and managed projects and employees for a Fortune 100 financial services company.
“It was enlightening,” says Rob. “I was able to see first hand what often motivates financial services companies and the people who sell their products. Sadly, they were not always motivated by what is in the best interests of their clients. This prompted me to start Oliver Financial Planning, a firm that is compensated solely by the client, with no third party influences affecting the guidance provided. This structure provides the freedom I need to be completely objective in all client recommendations.”
Rob earned a Masters of Business Administration from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, where he also received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Film and Video Studies.
Rob is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, professional. Rob continues to meet demanding professional standards and adhere to the CFP Program’s principles of integrity, objectivity, competence, fairness, confidentiality, professionalism, and diligence.
Rob holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation. He passed the program’s three rigorous examinations in three consecutive years. Each exam required a minimum of 250 hours of study. The Economist ranked the CFA Program as the gold standard among investment analysis designations.
Rob is a member of The Garrett Planning Network, Inc., an international organization of professional, Fee-Only financial advisors. Network members are dedicated to providing competent, independent, objective financial planning and advice to people from all walks of life on an hourly, as-needed basis.
Rob is also a member of The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), the nation’s leading organization of Fee-Only comprehensive financial planning professionals. As a member of NAPFA, Rob has committed to the Core Values of the organization and has agreed to follow the NAPFA Fiduciary Oath and Code of Ethics.
In addition to personal finance, Rob’s passions include his family, playing the cello, University of Michigan sports, and volunteering for SafeHouse Center and The Center for the Education of Women at the University of Michigan.
CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ are certification marks owned by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. These marks are awarded to individuals who successfully complete the CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.