Steven Fox| CFP®, EA
Next Gen Financial Planning
- Fee-Only Financial Planning
- Financial Review
- Hourly Fee Consultations
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Management
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Services
- College Education Planning
- 401(k) and IRAs
- Business Planning
- Employee Benefits
San Diego, CA 92116
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Steven Fox is the founder of Next Gen Financial Planning, a Registered Investment Advisor in the state of California providing comprehensive fee-only financial planning services for young professionals who want to learn how to use money as a tool to balance today’s pressing needs with tomorrow’s dreams. Steven is also the founder of the San Diego Financial Advisors Network, a member of both the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors and the XY Planning Network, and currently serves on the board of the San Diego chapter of the Financial Planning Association. Pro-bono efforts to give back include serving as Treasurer and Volunteer Coordinator for the non-profit Financial Independence Training, which provides financial education and individual counseling to active-duty military members.
Steven is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, and an Enrolled Agent.
Prior to starting Next Gen Financial Planning, Steven served over 8 years on active duty in the United States Marine Corps. After separating with an honorable discharge, he attended San Diego State University where he graduated with honors while earning a bachelors degree in financial services, a certificate in personal financial planning, and a minor in entrepreneurship. He has also held positions with several other financial planning firms.
Next Gen Financial Planning is a fee-only financial planning firm in San Diego, California, serving clients locally and also nationwide through virtual meetings. We specialize in helping high-earning professionals in their 20's-40's make better financial decisions, and teach them to use money as a tool to balance today’s pressing needs with tomorrow’s dreams.
We can help you answer the financial questions that you’ve been wondering about such as:
- What do I want my future to look like, and what role do my financial decisions play as I design my ideal life?
- I just had a baby, should I start saving for their college education? What’s the best way to do it?
- What’s the best way to balance paying down my debt while trying to save for the future?
- Should I refinance or consolidate my student loans? How do special student loan programs like PSLF, PAYE, and ICR work?
- I’m thinking about a major life change like getting married or starting a business. How does that affect my finances?
- It’s open enrollment time at my company and the options are overwhelming. How do I know which selections to make to maximize my employee benefits?
- I want to save for retirement, but how do I know how much I need to contribute or which funds to invest in?
- I haven’t looked at my life, auto, or home insurance policies since buying them several years ago. Do I have the right coverage for me, and am I paying too much?
- Do I need a will, trust, or other estate planning documents?
- I just received a big bonus at work! Should I invest it, pay down my mortgage, or finally take that Caribbean diving trip I’ve been itching for?
Once you realize that every decision is a financial decision, it changes the way that you approach planning for your future. We can help you orient your financial picture to align with your goals and values, and provide insight on how all of the puzzle pieces fit together.