Tim Baker| CFP®
- Fee-Only Financial Planning
- Financial Review
- Employee Benefits
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Management
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Services
- College Education Planning
- 401(k) and IRAs
- Business Planning
Baltimore, MD 21230
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Tim Baker is a Baltimore, MD Fee-Only Financial Planner serving clients locally, and across the country using virtual meeting technology. Script Financial specializes in providing objective financial planning and investment management to help pharmacists and young professionals meet their financial goals. Tim Baker is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional.
I grew up in the great state of New Jersey (seriously). We’re known for our delicious tomatoes (look it up), the show “Jersey Shore” (I’ve never seen it and don’t expect any fist pumps from me) and greats like Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Tony Soprano and Tim Baker, CFP®. After graduating high school, I attended the United States Military Academy majoring in International Relations and branching Armor. After having a cup of coffee in the Army (thanks medical board :/), I started a career in logistics for a major retailer and then a construction company in OH and CA, respectively. I enjoyed logistics, but left that career because I wanted something more. After months of deliberation, I narrowed it down to financial planner, police officer or personal trainer. Very different, huh? I guess the common denominator is that I wanted to be in a profession where I felt like I was actively helping people.
So, that is what I did. I moved to Baltimore, MD and joined a small independent firm and learned all I could about the business, earning the necessary licenses and certifications to begin assisting clients meet their financial goals. To me, there is no better satisfaction than hearing a client say they are relieved they have a plan in place. Launching Script Financial is a dream for me because I can brand and build a firm that is tailored to meet the needs of my clients. As someone who has worked in other industries, I know what it’s like to be clueless when picking out your 401(k) investments (I seriously bought Investing for Dummies…this is a sad, sad fact), or feel uneasy when purchasing a home (and feeling like you’re signing your life away!). Money can be a stressor, but it doesn’t have to be.
Let’s plan together!
A FEE-ONLY FINANCIAL PLANNING FIRM
Nobody likes solutions that are out of a can. Your financial plan will be tailored to meet your needs.
Since financial planning is very much a fluid process, we’ll adjust your plan as we go.
Like they say, a goal without a plan is a wish.
- Fee-Only: This means I earn no commissions on products I sell and that my compensation only comes from you. See you later, conflicts of interest!
- Fiduciary Standard: I am legally obligated to do what is your best interest all the time. That feels like a warm blanket to me.
- Focus on Generation X and Y: Younger generations have different financial challenges. That is where my expertise lies.
- Virtual Firm: People move around a lot these days for a lot of reasons. That doesn’t mean you need to find another planner. If you have an internet connection, we can work!
- Network of Professionals: I have access to a plethora of financial pros, including other planners, CPAs and estate attorneys.
- Technology Driven: Tech, if used appropriately, can make life much easier. The centerpiece of our technology is your badass Legend Portal. It looks great on your smartphone too, which means it’ll never leave your side (if you’re like me).
- Consistent Coaching: This is probably the most undervalued aspect of my job…keeping you honest and ensuring we achieve your goals!
- Emphasis On Educating: I provide the tools and knowledge you need to be financially literate. After all, knowing is half the battle.
- Tailored Plans: Your plan will be built for you…no one else. You are a snowflake.
- Tailored Pricing Model: Your pricing is unique to you and the complexity of your financial situation.