Zachary Clark| CFP®
Coats Financial Planning
- Fee-Only Model
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Investment Management
- Medium to High Net Worth Needs
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Business Owners & Executives
- Financial Goal Setting
- Tax Planning
Louisville, KY 40223
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Zack Clark joined the firm in the summer of 2010, becoming the firm’s first employee and later became the firm’s second Certified Financial Planner™. He was exposed to financial planning informally at a very young age and groomed through his education and work experience to be an advisor.
“As a child, I was exposed to finances through my parents and grandparents. My grandparents who watched me while my parents worked would cart me to the bank, the CPA, and the attorney’s office. I was taught about the financial markets before I was even in my teens. This blossomed into a love of all things technical and analytical.”
While many clients come to us for our technical expertise over our subject matter, Zack believes that our value proposition delves much deeper than that.
“Later in life I witnessed my parents retiring and grandparents passing away. These more emotionally infused events taught me there is so much more to planning than calculating internal rates of return or effective tax rates. They taught me that at the end of the day, money is merely a tool to achieve our goals – a means to an end. I also learned that sometimes managing emotions can be more difficult than any analysis I could ever do. That is another key value that I bring to the table beyond my technical expertise – a truly objective and emotionally removed opinion geared toward my clients’ interests 100% of the time. This part of my value proposition is realized over years or decades, rather than on a monthly statement.”
Zack holds a business degree from the University of Louisville where he studied Finance and Economics. He completed the Accelerated Executive Certificate in Financial Planning through Bellarmine University and officially became a CFP® in February 2013. Zack is also a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor. A native of Owensboro, KY, Zack now resides in Louisville with his wife Courtney. Zack enjoys all things outdoors and spends much of his spare time golfing, bow hunting, or working at his farm in Southern Indiana.
A pioneering firm in Louisville offering financial planning and investment advice on a fee-only basis, after over 15 years in business, Coats Financial Planning, Inc. today serves clients in Kentucky, Indiana and a dozen other states and offers a staff of three dedicated and qualified financial advisors, all of whom are CFP® professionals. We provide an independent, objective review of your financial situation, and seek a long-term ongoing relationship to help you meet your financial goals.
We think our firm is unique and here are several of the primary reasons to partner with us:
- We put the interests of the client first in everything we do 100% of the time. No exceptions. Make sure any advisor you hire will put that pledge in writing (other than NAPFA firms, few will).
- We are financial planners first. For instance, we emphasize tax planning as a way we can add significant value for a client at most any stage in life. We bring solid knowledge and application of the tax code and an understanding of how the client tax situation is likely to change over time. We use this insight to help the client keep a higher percentage of their retirement assets over time rather than pay it out in taxes.
- For those approaching retirement or already there, we offer rare expertise at crafting a retirement strategy that pulls all your retirement resources into a cohesive plan that is tax-efficient, sustainable and optimal for what is likely a multi-decade retirement period.
- On the investment side, we focus on low cost, tax-efficient and highly transparent investments and we maintain a long-term focus without the folly of trying to time the markets.
We hope you will visit our website to learn more about our firm.