CFP®, CDFA®, AIF®
American Capital Planning LLC
Fee-Only financial planner located in Leesburg, VA, serving clients locally and across the country in Santa Barbara, Florida, Atlanta, even Sicily, Italy!
Meet Bonnie Sewell
Bonnie has been working with families as a Certified Financial Planner for families since 1992. Previous to that she owned a tax practice. She also earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, designation and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst designation, CDFA™. She served on the following boards: National Board for the Financial Planning Association (FPA), South Region Board for the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), Foundation for Financial Planning board. She is past President on the Board of Directors for the non-profit Loudoun Therapeutic Riding (www.ltrf.org).
BS Family Economics & Management-Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
MS Financial Planning-College of Financial Planning, Denver, CO
Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, and Cost Accounting-Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, IL
CFP Board Educational Program, Certified Financial Planner™ Practitioner, License #45436
American Capital Planning LLC, Owner, 2009 – present
The Enrichment Group, Sr. Planner/Managing Partner 2008-2009
A & H Financial Planning and Education, Inc., Owner 2001-2008
GDM Advisory Group Ltd, KPMG, C. Piscatelli & Assoc., H & R Block 1990-2001
DESIGNATIONS, SPEAKING HIGHLIGHTS AND RECOGNITION
Certified Financial Planner™, CFP®
Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™, CDFA™
Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, AIF®
EXPERT TESTIMONY RELATING TO DIVORCE
I prepare expert testimony for private arbitration and court cases relating to divorce.
I also work in mediation and private negotiations. This can include lifestyle analysis, net worth projections, income on assets, working capital, tax impact, income & spending, financial impact of a particular scenario.
- Interviewed by CNBC’s Sharon Epperson, October 2010
- Speaker at Investment News Retirement Income Summit “The Golden Fears”, NYC, March 2009
- Served as Georgia’s Secretary of State Cathy Cox’s Retirement Planning Speaker in her Investment Education Series, “Money Counts” with letters of commendation, 2004-2006
- Columnist for the industry’s Journal of Financial Planning through 2011
- Author, "Love-Jacked! Divorce Your Spouse, Not Your Dollars", available on Amazon and Kindle
- Interviewed on Executive Leaders Radio, December 19 2013
- Interviewed on Wharton Business Radio, May 15, 2014
- Panelist at the 2nd Annual Invest in Women Conference, Dallas, May 2016, and 3rd Annual in May 2017
- Presenter at the National Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts, Chicago, May 2016
- Presented to Fairfax, VA Bar Association (Family Law Section), July 2016
- Presented to National Conference (NAPFA), October 2016
- Speaker, “Math Modeling Matters in Divorce”, Shareholders Service Group Annual Conference, San Diego, April 2017
- Speaker, “Math Modeling Matters in Divorce”, AICPA PFS Conference, MGM Grand, Las Vegas, June 2017
- Speaker, “Math Modeling Matters in Divorce”, University of Santa Cruz, August 2017
- “Math Modeling Matters in Divorce” for 2 webinars @ www.cpaacademy.org, September/October 2017 (presented to over 1,100 CPAs)
- When Your Clients Divorce-What Matters Most in 2018, webinar @ www.cpaacademy.org, January 2018 (presented to over 880 CPAs)
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Contact Bonnie Sewell
202 Church Street SE
Leesburg, VA 20175