CPA, CFP®, PFS
Summit Wealth Advocates, LLC
President, Wealth Advocate
CPA, CFP®, PFS
Summit Wealth Advocates, LLC
President, Wealth Advocate
As a fee-only financial planner, my focus is to offer unbiased financial advice to help you achieve your life goals. - Bruce Primeau, CPA, CFP®, PFS
Fee-Only financial planner located in Prior Lake, MN, serving clients locally and across the country
Bruce Primeau is a Prior Lake, MN fee-only financial planner. Summit Wealth Advocates, LLC provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management to help individual and families in the Twin CIties Metro area, as well as outstate Minnesota and other regions of the U.S. organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Bruce Primeau is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Bruce Primeau is a fee-only financial advisor at Summit Wealth Advocates, LLC, serving as President
- Bruce founded Summit Wealth Advocates in 2010 and is the President and Senior Partner.
- In addition to working directly with clients as their Wealth Advocate, Bruce also serves as a member of the SWA Executive Committee (which is responsible for strategic input regarding all of our services) and is a member of the SWA Investment Committee.
- Bruce has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry and is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER(TM) Professional.
- In addition, Bruce holds active CPA and PFS designations from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Bruce graduated Summa Cum Laude and received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting from the University of St. Thomas.
- Prior Lake Chamber of Commerce
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Financial Planning Association of Minnesota (FPAMN)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Five Star Wealth Manager annually since 2017
- “Can High Net Worth Clients Still Use Life Insurance as a Tax and Financial Tool?”, Financial Advisor Magazine, November 20, 2018
- “Tips for Retirement Planning at Any Age,” MNCPA Perspectives, March 21, 2018
- “Don’t Save For a Life That May Never Arrive,” Financial Advisor IQ, September 29, 2017
- Bruce and wife Betsy are adjusting to life as empty nesters with their two daughters launching their own careers.
- Pets – two yellow labs
- Hobbies: Golf, skiing, baseball, football and hockey
- Personal interests: Travel, music, collecting baseball cards
Bruce Primeau is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Summit Wealth Advocates began with a relatively simple idea – provide holistic financial services for a fair price that is transparent, and goes beyond just investment management. We want to blend all aspects of the client’s financial situation so that they work together and are done in the clients’ best interests.
When Bruce and Jon started SWA, they realized that one common theme continued to surface: Do what is right for the client. Our vision was to create a unique, proactive approach to wealth management and assist clients in achieving their goals and objectives. This became our core value statement and continues to drive our business today.
Wealth Management is often confused with the management of one's portfolio. Many advisors claim to offer Wealth Management services but are merely offering investment management. If you are not receiving personal attention and customized solutions for all of your financial needs, you are NOT receiving the Wealth Management Strategy you deserve (and are likely paying for).
Contact us today to:
- SAVE TIME AND MONEY: SWA's Peak Wealth Management Process can help you save time and money, as well as help you achieve financial success.
- SAVE TAXES: We can likely save you thousands of tax dollars, both now and in the future (tax asset class investing as well as other strategies).
- REDUCE STRESS: We will discuss how we can help you help yourself.
- GET IDEAS: Begin receiving our quarterly, idea-generating newsletter now.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Growing Families
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Business Owners and Executives
- C.H. Robinson Employees (Current & Former)
- UHG / Optum Employees ( Current & Former)
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Bruce Primeau is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Bruce Primeau is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Bruce Primeau is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a professional accountant who has met the education and experience requirements set by their state's Board of Accountancy and has passed the Uniform CPA Exam. CPAs are licensed to provide a wide range of accounting services, including financial statement preparation, tax planning and preparation, auditing, consulting, and other financial advisory services.
Bruce Primeau is a Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
The Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) credential is granted solely to CPAs (Certified Public Accountants) with considerable personal financial planning education and experience. All areas of personal financial planning—including estate, retirement, investments, and insurance—have tax implications, and the PFS professional has the experience, ethics, and expertise to get the job done right.
Bruce Primeau is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Bruce Primeau is Quoted in MarketWatch: "Is there a certain type of financial adviser we should be looking for?"
Bruce Primeau is Quoted in MarketWatch: "One simple piece of money advice both Shaq and LeBron live by that you should too — well, to a point"
Bruce Primeau is Quoted in Financial Advisor Magazine: "Here's How To Help Your Client Avoid An IRS Audit"
Bruce Primeau is Quoted in Financial Advisor Magazine: "Tax Strategies For Clients With Extra Cash"
Bruce Primeau is a Member of the FPA of Minnesota
Summit Wealth Advocates is a Member of Prior Lake Chamber of Commerce
Bruce Primeau is Quoted in Accounting Today Magazine: "Fee time: What to say to price shoppers"
Bruce Primeau is Quoted in Financial Advisor Magazine: "Don't Forget The Tax Side Of Wealth Transfer Planning"
Bruce Primeau is Quoted on Kiplinger: "The New Rules for Investing Your Money"
Bruce Primeau is Quoted in InvestmentNews: "A delicate situation: Acquiring practices of the deceased"
Bruce Primeau is a Five Star Professional
Bruce Primeau is Quoted in the New York Times: "When Not to Pay Down a Mortgage"
Bruce Primeau is Quoted in Minnesota CPA Perspectives: "Tips for retirement planning at any age"
Bruce Primeau is Quoted in Corbenic Partners Blog: "How To Use Muni Bonds For Tax-Loss Harvesting"
Bruce Primeau is a Contributor on FinancialAdvisorIQ: "Don’t Save For a Life That May Never Arrive"
Bruce Primeau is Quoted in Financial Advisor Magazine: "Can HNW Clients Still Use Life Insurance As A Tax And Financial Tool?"
Contact Bruce Primeau
5871 Crossandra St SE
Prior Lake, MN 55372