Fee Only Financial Planner Located in Bel Air, MD and Serving Clients Nationwide
Doug is passionate about helping people make smart personal finance decisions. While studying chemical engineering in college, Doug found himself in the position of having to make major financial decisions with limited knowledge and experience. It's a scary place to be. Determined to make sure he made the appropriate decisions for his own personal circumstances, he began a lifelong education in everything related to personal finances. After several years toiling in the chemical industry, he decided to turn his passion into a career. Doug was one of the earliest financial planners who believes that selling financial products to the clients who were counting on him to guide them is bad business. To this day, Doug remains committed to ensuring his clients are on a path to financial security - with as little stress as possible.
Doug is married and has four children. He satisfies his natural curiosity by reading voraciously and endlessly tinkering. His DIY ethos extends beyond personal finance to interests as varied as building computers, rehabbing motorcycles, and home projects large and small.
Douglas Robinson is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
What We Do
The financial industry is essentially product pushers trying to portray themselves as comprehensive financial guides. Their advice is limited to the products you buy from them.
At DouglasBradley, what we “do” is help you make intelligent personal finance decisions. We use our knowledge and experience to help you choose wisely and avoid making big mistakes. And because we know you and what’s important to you, we make recommendations that are right for you and your situation.
Working together, we address your personal finance concerns so you can focus your time and energy elsewhere.
For example, here are some questions we routinely help clients answer:
- How do I pay for unexpected expenses without using credit cards or a line of credit?
- Where will the income come from when I want to retire?
- When should I start receiving Social Security benefits?
- When should I start receiving my employer pension? What does it “cost” to start it early?
- What are the best ways to save for retirement? How much should I save? Where should I save?
- Are there ways to reduce income taxes?
- Should I refinance? What type of mortgage will cost the least? Should I pay off the mortgage or apply money elsewhere?
- What type of estate plan do I need? What documents do I need?
- Who have I named as beneficiaries of my insurance, IRAs, and retirement plans? Should changes be made? How do I make changes?
- How much life insurance do I have? How much should I have? What types of insurance are right for me?
- Do I need disability insurance? What does my employer provide? Should I buy more?
- Are my assets protected from lawsuits?
- How should I save for our children’s college educations? How much should we save?
- Should I participate in my employer’s stock purchase plan?
- How should I handle stock options or restricted stock I’ve been granted? What are the income tax consequences?
Every day, we provide our clients with advice regarding the decisions listed above – or anything else they need assistance with. Every client is different and may use us in different ways depending on their circumstances.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Douglas Robinson is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Contact Douglas Robinson
522 Inglewood Rd.
Bel Air, MD 21015