Westchase Financial Planning
Fee-Only Financial Planner serving transitioning military personnel and residents of the Tampa, FL area.
Forrest Baumhover is a Tampa, FL fee-only financial planner. Westchase Financial Planning provides tax-focused, comprehensive and objective financial planning to help clients address life's challenges and ensure their money allows them to do the things they want. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Forrest Baumhover is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Forrest is the founder and principal of Westchase Financial Planning Inc. Throughout his career as a naval officer, his desire to help his fellow Sailors, friends and family members resolve their financial concerns has long been Forrest’s inspiration for starting a second career as a financial planner.
Forrest is a Certified Financial Planner™ and is enrolled to practice in front of the Internal Revenue Service. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in English from the United States Naval Academy and a Master of Business Administration from Old Dominion University.
Forrest’s media articles have been published in over a dozen online publications, including Christian Science Monitor, NASDAQ, & Business Insider. Additionally, Forrest is routinely quoted in the media in such publications as USA Today and Nerdwallet.
Forrest also writes personal finance articles for transitioning military personnel and real estate agents. You can see these articles on the website's blog: Our Two Cents.
When Forrest is not working, he and his wife, Tania, enjoy being outside with their three children exploring the Tampa Bay area.
Forrest Baumhover is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Many decisions go into building a solid investment portfolio, one that will help you achieve your goals while letting you sleep at night. A solid portfolio should make you feel comfortable that:
- Every single dollar is invested in something that you understand
- You’re not paying more in taxes, commissions, or fees than is absolutely necessary
- You are on your way to achieving your financial goals without taking on more risk
We know that in a well-constructed portfolio each investment should fulfill a specific function and should be right for your personal situation. As fee-only advisors we provide objective and unbiased recommendations you need to make informed decisions. At Westchase Financial Planning, we:
- Thoroughly discuss your goals before making any recommendations
- Look at the financial risks you are already taking before determining your appropriate level of investment risk
- Review all your accounts to determine your appropriate asset allocation and asset location (which investments should be in which accounts)
- Recommend real estate exposure you need to achieve long-term financial stability
- Integrate tax planning with your investment strategy to ensure that more of your money works for you
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Understanding military benefits
- Helping business owners understand their financial decisions
- Educating clients about their finances
- Tax Planning
- College Education Planning
- Investment Management
- Transitioning Military Personnel
- Real Estate Professionals
- Small Business Owners
- People who have been told, "You don't meet my minimums."
- People who have been burned by their "advisor" in the past
- People who feel they're doing the right things, but need help to make it fit together.
- Meetings at a place convenient to the client.
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Forrest Baumhover is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Forrest Baumhover is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Forrest Baumhover is an Enrolled Agent with the IRS (Learn More)
An enrolled agent is a federally authorized tax practitioner empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. Enrolled agent status is the highest credential awarded by the IRS.
Contact Forrest Baumhover
10526 Weybridge Dr