MBA, MSBA, CFP®
Avenue Advisors, LLC
Fee-Only financial planner located in San Diego, CA, serving clients locally and across the country
Meet Jean Sinclair
Jean Sinclair is a fee-only financial advisor at Avenue Advisors, LLC, located in San Diego, CA.
Ms. Sinclair’s formal education includes an MBA in Finance and an MSBA in Business Administration with a specialization in Financial and Tax Planning. Her undergraduate work focused on family studies, social welfare and sociology as preparation for a graduate degree in marriage, family, and child counseling. Ms. Sinclair graduated magna cum laude and with distinction in her field of study. A believer in lifelong learning, she more recently completed advanced work and training from the Financial Transitionist® Institute (FTI) to help her successfully guide clients through life transitions, such as retirement, loss of a spouse, changes in marital status, a liquidity event or a personal reinvention and other life challenges.
Over the past 20+ years, she has contributed to and has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Business Week, Dow Jones Newswire, Money magazine, Investment News, Bloomberg Wealth Manager and other national and local publications. She has also appeared on the KPBS radio program “These Days,” serving as an expert on the subjects of couples and money, and how to cope with a difficult economy. As a leader in the profession, speaking engagements to her peers include presentations at the Financial Planning Association (FPA) National Conference, the FPA of San Diego’s Annual Symposium, Shareholders Service Group (SSG) National Conference and NAPFA's National Conference.
She is currently focusing her efforts on helping her clients achieve happier, more fulfilling lives while simultaneously living a very active and balanced life herself.
Professional Recognition & Involvement
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) National Board of Directors
- Co-founder and co-chair of NAPFA’s Women’s Initiative
- Adjunct professor at San Diego State University’s College of Extended Studies
- Past President and Chair of NAPFA’s West Region Board of Directors
- San Diego State University Financial Planning Program Advisory Board
- KPBS Planned Giving Advisory Committee
- Nominated and selected as a Five Star Wealth Manager from 2011-current
Jean Sinclair is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Jean Sinclair is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Contact Jean Sinclair
12636 High Bluff Dr Suite 400
San Diego, CA 92130