The Planning Center
Build Confidence In Your Financial Future. Serving clients regardless of location, with offices throughout the United States.
As someone who is blessed to have been born with a servant’s heart, this profession answered my personal and professional callings. Or I could say, more realistically, this profession snagged me. I can think of nothing I would rather be doing than reveling in the honor and privilege of accompanying a client on such a personal adventure as their life’s journey. And some of it even has to do with financial planning!
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- National Association of Estate Planners (NAEP)
- National Association of Personal Financial Planners (NAPFA)
- Accredited Estate Planner (AEP)
Areas of Expertise: Life/Wealth and Transition Planning
Education: Bachelor of Science, Business; University of the Pacific (UOP)
Memberships: Financial Planning Association (FPA), National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- National Pres/Chair Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) 1996/97
- Past Pres/Chair Fresno State Baseball Dugout Club 1997/98
- Past Pres/Chair Fresno Estate Planning Council 1998/99
- CFP Board of Professional Review 2001-2004
- Founding Secretary Financial Planning Association of CA, Inc. 2014
- Chair, Elder Board, New Hope Community Church 2014-Present
John Longstaff is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
The TPC Process
We believe that all financial decisions are emotional decisions, and in order to make more effective decisions, everyone needs an objective third party to talk about life and money. The Planning Center provides a safe place for you to discuss what matters most to you and your family with a team of trusted financial advisors. Our goal is to help you make better decisions as you navigate life's transitions and guide you toward the life you would like to have.
What To Expect
Our financial planning process begins with you. We'll organize your current financial situation and set expectations and goals unique to your perspectives and wishes. With this shared understanding, we can discuss strategies and tactics to achieve your goals together.
Build Confidence In Your Financial Future
We believe that your wealth and life should be in balance. No matter what stage of life you are in, you are impacted by these eight financial categories detailed on our services page. We will work with you to address issues and identify opportunities to track and grow your progress toward better wealth life balance.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
John Longstaff is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
John Longstaff is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
John Longstaff is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact John Longstaff
215 W. Fallbrook Avenue, Suite 121
Fresno, CA 93711