CFP®, CAP®, CDFA®
Flourish Wealth Management
Fee Only Financial Planner Located in Edina, MN and Serving Clients Nationwide
Kathy Longo brings over 20 years of expertise and experience to Flourish Wealth Management. After earning a degree in Financial Planning and Counseling from Purdue University, she began her career at a small firm in Palatine, Illinois where she worked directly with clients while learning to build a viable, client-centric business. Over the years, she gained extensive knowledge and wisdom working as a wealth manager, financial planner, firm manager and business owner at notable, various sized companies in both Chicago and Minneapolis.
As a leader within her field, Kathy has garnered a vast array of honors and recognitions. Continually dedicated to professional self-improvement, she has earned several industry-leading certifications and stays relevant and innovative through both community involvement projects and her work on a variety of local and national boards.
Throughout her career, she maintained a desire to start a company of her own, focused on delivering her expertise to a dedicated group of clients. Flourish Wealth Management embodies the fruition of that dream and builds off a vast foundation of insight and experience. Kathy is wholly dedicated to improving the life of each client and finds joy in making complex matters simple and easy to understand. She excels at asking the right questions, uncovering new possibilities and implementing the most advantageous strategies for success. Playing such a pivotal role in her clients’ lives remains an honor and a privilege.
Work Experience - Accredited Investors, Family Financial Strategies, American Express Trust Company, KPMG, Deloitte & Touche & CCP Financial Planning
Honors & Recognitions
- “Top 50 Women in Wealth Management” Wealth Manager Magazine, 2009
- "Future Star of The Financial Planning Profession" Financial Advisor Magazine, 2004
- “One of the nation’s Top 250 Wealth” Advisors Worth Magazine, 2008
- “Five Star Wealth Manager Award” 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2017
- “Outstanding Professional Alumni Award” Purdue University Consumer and Family Sciences School, 2004
- Quoted as a trusted expert in multiple national and local publications including, the Star Tribune, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Money Magazine, More®, USA TODAY, REAL SIMPLE, Bloomberg Wealth Manager, Journal of Financial Planning, Financial Advisor, Investment News, The Wall Street Journal, Ladies Home Journal, Chicago Tribune, and New York Daily News, amongst others
Education & Certifications
- BS in Financial Planning and Counseling from Purdue University
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy®
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
Board, Professional & Community Involvement
- Serves as Chairperson of the Executive Board of Directors for Common Hope to help provide Guatemalan children and families with choices and opportunities
- Serves on the Board of Directors for YWCA Minneapolis to eliminate racism and empower women and girls
- Serves on Professional Advisor Committee for the Minneapolis Foundation
- Serves on the Board of Directors for Stage Presents
- Member of Women Presidents' Organization
- Served on the Board of the National Financial Planning Association and as President of the Minnesota Financial Planning Association
- Served on an advisory council with Purdue University
Kathleen Longo is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Flourish Wealth Management is an independent, fee-only, boutique wealth management firm that provides hands-on expertise focused solely on the best interest of each client. Our proactive approach integrates industry-leading financial solutions combined with innovative strategies. At Flourish, our trusted advisors help ensure preparation for the future - no matter what it brings.
We bring the expertise and tools necessary to improve our clients’ lives. Flourish serves a dedicated group of clients through highly personal relationships. We listen. We ask the right questions. Taking the time to learn all the important details of life, including aspirations, values and passions, we can skillfully integrate all available resources to create expertly tailored planning. It is a place to Flourish!
Our team is excited to learn about your financial goals and work together to help you realize those dreams. Contact us to learn more at 952.392.4474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Kathleen Longo is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Kathleen Longo is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Kathleen Longo is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Kathleen Longo
3300 Edinborough Way
Edina, MN 55435