Chamberlain Financial Planning & Wealth Management
Serving Santa Cruz, Silicon Valley, Sacramento & Davis, California
Michael Chamberlain Fee Only Financial Planner with offices in Santa Cruz, Silicon Valley, Sacramento & Davis, California. Chamberlain Financial Planning & Wealth Management provides comprehensive and objective financial planning to help clients organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Michael Chamberlain is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
My name is Michael Chamberlain CFP®, the principal of Chamberlain Financial Planning & Wealth Management. I have been helping people since 1985 to make better financial decisions that improve the quality of their lives both now and in the future.
I am proud to be affiliated with a number of highly regarded financial planning organizations including The Garrett Planning Network and The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors.
As an experienced investment and planning professional, I have had the privilege of being interviewed and contributing to articles in such publications as Money Magazine, Forbes.com, Financial Planning Magazine, ABC.com.
Call 800-347-1340 for no cost "Get Acquainted Meeting"
Michael Chamberlain is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Our investment and financial planning philosophy has withstood the test of time and has consistently delivered the results that have built long-term trusting relationships and returning clients.
At the core of our role as your investment advisor is a directive to design an investment strategy that maximizes the likelihood of achieving your goals and objectives.
Our Investment Philosophy incorporates the key elements that earned a Nobel Prize in economics for the Modern Portfolio Theory. We believe:
- Each client and their investment planning is unique.
- Investments should be allocated amongst different asset classes to safely maximize the returns and lessen risk.
- The allocation of assets is based on the client’s goals, needs and timeframe. The allocation is influenced by the mental outlook for risk and the financial capacity for risk.
- The investments selected within each asset class should follow Generally Accepted Investment principles.
- Clients are best served by having a clear understanding of their goals, the risks, how to gauge the success of the allocation and the responsibilities of the client and the advisor, i.e. client benefits by having an Investment Policy Statement.
- The client has greater peace of mind and less apprehension when they are involved in the selection and monitoring of their investments.
- The selection and monitoring of investments is most efficient utilizing computer tools and services that are available to financial advisors, and are not available to the individual investor and/or would be too costly for most.
Financial Planning Philosophy
- Each client is unique and their financial planning should reflect this premise.
- Clients from all walks of life and all stages in life should have access to quality, competent, professional financial advice, on an as-needed basis.
- Clients deserve to be treated fairly, with compassion and dignity, and their personal information should always be maintained in the strictness of confidence.
- Clients receive the best financial planning results when the planner has an excellent understanding of the clients’ situation and goals, which is founded on collaborative two-way communication.
- Clients have the greatest peace of mind and less apprehension when they are involved in the planning process and monitor their progress over time.
- Clients are best served by those professionals dedicated to high standards, who maintain competency with continuing education, and by working in collaboration with other professionals (CPAs, attorneys, etc.)
- Clients are best served by a fee-only planner, who can give purely objective advice based on the fact he/she does not accept commissions on products sold or fees for the referral of clients to other advisors.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Michael Chamberlain is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Michael Chamberlain is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Michael Chamberlain is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF)
Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) training empowers investment professionals with the fiduciary knowledge and tools they need to serve their clients’ best interests. Advisors who have earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary designation have gone through training, met the qualifications, and passed the exam allowing use of the AIF designation and they are immediately able to demonstrate the added value that they can bring to both existing and prospective clients.
Contact Michael Chamberlain
125 Mission Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
644 N. Santa Cruz Ave
Los Gatos, CA 95030
333 University Ave
Sacramento, CA 95825
231 D Street
Davis, CA 95616