Harvest Asset Group
Fee Only Financial Planner Located in Portland, ME and Serving Clients Nationwide
Michael Donahoe is the founder and owner of Harvest Asset Group, LLC. He heads the client services team and serves as the firm's chief compliance officer.
Prior to transitioning to a successful career as a Fee-Only financial planner and entrepreneur, Michael enjoyed a distinguished corporate career that included managerial posts with large U.S. companies in Boston, Philadelphia, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Michael earned his MBA Degree from George Washington University and completed his educational requirements to earn the CFP® mark of distinction at the University of California, Berkeley. He is a Fee-Only and NAPFA registered financial advisor which required completion of rigorous continuing education requirement.
What Michael likes most about being a Fee-Only financial advisor is seeing clients achieve financial freedom and freedom from financial worry. “Most clients, regardless of how well they are doing, start the process with a lot of uncertainty and worry. The planning process helps bring clarity and puts the right steps in place, so clients often experience great relief.”
Michael has lived in the Portland area for over a decade since relocating from San Francisco in 1995 to be closer to family. He is active in community affairs and enjoys the natural bounty of Maine when not busy working.
Michael Donahoe is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Harvest Asset Group is an independent, fee-only financial planning and investment advisory firm. We are committed to a personalized approach to help you establish and reach your financial goals. As a Harvest Asset Group client you can expect:
- To work with professionals who seek to understand your unique circumstances, values and preferences.
- Consistent focus on your goals and how to best achieve them.
- Help understanding different options regarding important financial decisions, so that you can move forward with confidence.
- Clear, plain English explanations of financial concepts and products.
- A dynamic process that helps prepare for changes in life—either expected or unexpected.
- To work with a fiduciary who puts your interests first.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Michael Donahoe is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Michael Donahoe is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact Michael Donahoe
15 Monument Square
Portland, ME 04101