White Oaks Investment Management, Inc.
Fee-Only Financial Advisor with offices in South West Florida and Minneapolis, MN and serving clients across the country.
Robert Klosterman, CFP® is CEO and Chief Investment Officer of White Oaks Investment Management, Inc. and its predecessor R.J. Klosterman & Co, Inc. Bob has been a Certified Financial Planner licensee since 1989. He has a clear vision for the future having worked in financial planning and investment management since 1975, and feels a strong need to provide people with expert investment management services. As a Certified Financial Planner and certificate holder for Family Wealth Advising, Bob’s expertise and guidance have helped to fuel the steady growth of the firm.
“My mission is to serve our clients through the combined expertise of our advisory team. I want to use my experience to really impact the lives of the people who place their trust in us.”
Bob’s leadership within the firm’s Advisory Committee regularly encourages fresh thinking and new approaches that provide clients with innovative wealth management solutions in the areas of economic and investment market analysis, stock option strategies and wealth transfer techniques.
His perspectives have been shaped by a wide variety of leadership positions within his profession, including:
- Board of Directors, Catholic Charities Foundation – Diocese of Venice – Current
- Director – Rotary Club of Sarasota Keys Foundation – Current
- Director and Building Maintenance Committee Chair – Islander Club Condominium Association – Current
- Member – Gulf Coast CEO Forum – Current
- Board of Director & Chair of Investment Committee – Hennepin Technical College Foundation (2006-2013)
- Basilica Landmark Board (2009-2013)
- Member of Investment Committee – Basilica of St. Mary (2009-2013)
- Board of Directors & Member of Finance Committee – Alzheimer’s Assoc of MN & ND (2009-2012)
- Board of Directors, National Advisors Trust Company, FSB (2002-2009)
- National President, Institute of Certified Financial Planners (1998) – now The Financial Planning Association
- National Board of Directors, Institute of Certified Financial Planners (1993 – 1999)
- Past Chairman, Twin Cities Society of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners
- Past Chairman, Twin Cities International Association for Financial Planning
- Past President, Twin Cities Society of CLU & ChFC
Recognition of Excellence
Bob has been listed as one of the Top 250 Financial Advisors in the United States by Worth Magazine. He has also been recognized as one of the top 150 Financial Advisors by Mutual Fund Magazine, Medical Economics and Bloomberg’s Wealth Manager Magazine. Bob’s published quotes appear frequently in dozens of local and national publications, including USA Today, the New York Times, Minneapolis Star Tribune, CFP Today, Barron’s and Fortune.
“I value getting to know our clients and their unique situations. The most rewarding part of my job is cultivating these relationships and helping people achieve the goals they’ve envisioned.”
Bob and his wife have lived in the Twin Cities since 1971 and have three children. Bob’s hobbies include reading, walking, bicycling and sailing.
Robert Klosterman is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
“White Oaks Investment Management occupies an important niche in the marketplace. We are an independent advisory group that provides a customized suite of financial services, tailored precisely for the needs of our clients.”
White Oaks’ mission is to simplify the complexities of wealth to enhance our client’s quality of life. Our unique processes are designed to focus on your values and are specifically tailored to high net worth individuals and families with more than one million dollars of investable net worth.
White Oaks is a fee-only firm, and we act as a fiduciary for our clients. This allows us to remain objective and focus on our clients’ needs. We have no sales department and no one is on commission. There are no outside parties that we pay money to for referring business to us nor do we accept any compensation from third party sources.
We are proud of our of 30-year history, and the recognition we have received along the way, but we do not rest on our accomplishments. We work diligently to identify paths with the highest probability of success for our clients.
Get a feel for how we operate by watching the video on this page, and contact us to schedule a free consultation.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Robert Klosterman is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Robert Klosterman is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Robert Klosterman is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Robert Klosterman
80 South 8th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
595 Bay Isles Road
Longboat Key, FL 34228