- Fee-Only Financial Planning
- Advising on Cross Border Issues
- College/Education Planning
- Estate & Generational Planning Issues
- Financial Issues Between Generations
- Hourly Financial Planning Services
- Investment Advice without Ongoing Management
- Ongoing Investment Management
- Retirement Plan Investment Advice
- Socially Responsible Investments
- Tax Planning
- Women's Financial Planning Issues
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Ariadne Horstman is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor.
NAPFA is the country's leading association of Fee Only Financial Planners.
What is "Fee Only Financial Planning," and why is it important?
Ariadne Horstman is a Fee Only Financial planner in Palo Alto, CA. Ariadne Horstman is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor.
- For nearly a decade, Ariadne Horstman, CFP®, has been using her financial planning skills, training, and experience to help families and individuals make effective choices for their financial lives.
- Ariadne began her career in personal finance in 2008 as a financial planner in India working with InvestmentYogi, a start-up and online platform delivering tax advice and filing as well as financial planning with personal assist via phone. The service, dedicated both to Indian Nationals in India as well as Non Resident Indians living throughout the world, was offered to people in multiple countries.
- In late 2009, Ariadne returned to the USA, working as a consultant for various organizations and individuals on international financial planning, while still supporting InvestmentYogi. She also specialized in Long Term Care and Life Insurance for a State Farm Agent in Palo Alto. Subsequently, she joined a boutique financial planning firm within a Bay Area Accounting firm, Sensiba San Filippo, for 3 years. The expertise accumulated from working intimately with taxes and insurance helped her understand these areas in depth and contributed to her overall skills in financial planning.
- Before coming to financial planning, Ariadne worked in Marketing for IBM in the Bay Area. Previous to that, she worked in France in Consulting and Conference Production for many years and speaks French fluently. Her rich business background and liberal arts education allow her to easily grasp many different client situations and concepts.
- She received a bachelor of Arts in Government and French from Smith College and a certificate in personal financial planning from the University of Santa Cruz.
Deciding to pursue financial planning
When her husband was part of a successful start up that was sold in the year 2000, the couple set out to find competent financial planning help to manage the stock options and funds. After meeting many brokers that suggested “Maximum leverage” and “Risking it All”, Ariadne knew she wasn’t finding what she wanted. They finally invested with a large brokerage firm but were not pleased with the way funds were invested, e.g. largely based on broker’s commissions and special relationships with certain mutual funds. She rolled up her sleeves and started taking classes that cumulated in a degree in financial planning and a CFP® Certification.
Ariadne loves financial planning because it impacts people’s lives directly. Nothing makes her more happy than seeing clients achieve financial freedom, leave behind debt or make changes in their lives that lead to less stress and more satisfaction.
In addition to working with clients in her practice, Ariadne enjoys teaching financial planning to high school students in living skills classes as a volunteer, organizing workshops such as Mindfulness for Financial Planners, and participating in her local financial planning community events and study group meetings.
Ariadne enjoys traveling with her family, attending dharma talks at local bay area meditation centers, reading, horseback riding, yoga, running and hiking.