Cathy Curtis| CFP®
Curtis Financial Planning
- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Free Initial Consultation
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Elder Care Issues
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Planning for Business Owners
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
Oakland, CA 94610
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Cathy Curtis is an San Francisco and Oakland, CA Fee-Only Financial Planner serving the entire Bay area. Curtis Financial Planning specializes in providing objective financial planning and advice to help clients build, manage, grow, and protect their assets through life's transitions. Cathy Curtis is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional.
As an independent, fee-only investment advisory and financial planning firm, Curtis Financial Planning is focused on helping women and their families create prosperity through effective financial planning and investment management. As a Certified Financial Planner practitioner and NAPFA member, Cathy Curtis is proud to be a fiduciary advisor to her clients.
As a advocate for financial literacy, Cathy is an effective public speaker and has presented to the Professional Women of the East Bay Lean-In Group, Women's Environmental Network, the Commonwealth Club of California, the YWCA, and Berkeley Women in Business. She writes for her own blog "Of Independent Means" and is a writer for AOL Daily Finance and CNBC. She is a member of the CNBC Financial Advisor council since 2012.
Financial planning for women, their families and their businesses; building optimal low volatility portfolios; cash flow and goal setting; comprehensive financial plan production; 401(k)rollover planning; traditional and ESG/SRI investing; estate administration; real estate and mortgage finance.
Curtis Financial Planning is an independent, fee-only financial planning and investment advisory firm located in Oakland, California, near the border of the city of Piedmont. The firm specializes in the finances of women and their families. Curtis Financial Plannings's goal is to form a confidential fiduciary relationship with you – one that is bound by trust and an obligation to act in your best interest at all times.
Read more about Cathy Curtis, CFP®.
Women Have Distinct Needs
A primary concern of women is that they will be old and poor. And the simple truth is that women do have unique planning needs. Look at these facts:
- 80% of American women will find themselves the sole keepers of their personal finances at some point during their lives, however, most of those women feel financially insecure, despite controlling more wealth, having more education and being more involved in financial decisions.
- Women make on average 70-75% of what men make in similar occupations.
- Women's careers are often interrupted by family needs, both childcare and eldercare which limits their opportunity for income growth.
- 50% of all women fear losing everything and becoming bag ladies
(48% of women who earn $100,000 or more annually fear this).
- Two-thirds of women over age 65 rely on Social Security as their primary source of income. Consequently, women are twice as likely as men to live out their golden years at or below poverty levels.
That is why it is so vital that women plan, save, and invest for financial security: it is not money that makes people financially successful, it is time.