Charles Zhang| CFP®, CLU®, ChFC®, MBA
- Fee-Only Financial Services
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Free Initial Consultation
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Elder Care Issues
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving and Trusts
- Planning for Business Owners
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
Our Other NAPFA Members
Battle Creek, MI 94017
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Naples, FL 34108
Troy, MI 48084
Portage, MI 49024
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Charles Zhang is a Fee-Only Financial Planner serving Portage, Battle Creek, Grand Rapids, MI, Naples, FL and all surrounding areas. Zhang Financial specializes in providing objective financial planning to help clients build, manage, grow, and protect their assets through life's transitions. Charles Zhang is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional.
- MBA - Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Executive Education - Harvard Business School
- MA in Economics - Western Michigan University
- Executive Education - Columbia University
- MS in Financial Services - The Institute of Business and Finance.
- NAPFA - Registered Financial Advisor
- Adjunct Professor of Finance - Western Michigan University
- Charles Zhang was named the #1 Financial Advisor in Michigan by Barron's in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.**
- Ranked Top 3 on Registered Rep’s list of "America’s Top 100 Independent Advisors" in August 2010.*
- Ranked by Barron’s as one of the nation’s Top 100 Financial Advisors nine times since the list’s inception in 2004.**
- The #1 Ranked Family Team in the Nation by Research Magazine 2005-2008.*
- Charles is the ONLY advisor in the nation selected as a top advisor by BOTH Worth Magazine and Barron’s each year from 2004-2007.
- Ranked the #1 Certified Financial Planner (CFP) in West Michigan by the Grand Rapids Business Journal in 2011, 2012 and 2013.*
- Ranked in the 2013, 2014 and 2015 Financial Times list of the Top 400 Financial Advisors.***
- Out of the more than 12,000 advisors in a leading national financial planning firm, Charles Zhang was ranked #1 by the time he was 29.
- Author of the book "Make Yourself a Millionaire" (McGraw-Hill, 2003)
- Often interviewed and quoted by many national media outlets including Wall Street Journal, CNBC, New York Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Barron’s, Reuter’s, Associated Press, Forbes, Yahoo! Finance, U.S. News & World Report, CNN, MSN Money, Fox Business, PBS, and Financial Times.
*Ranking based on assets under management and other factors.
**As reported in Barron's February 18, 2013, February 22, 2014, February 23, 2015 and March 5, 2016. Based on assets under management, revenue produced for the firm, regulatory record and quality of practice and philanthropic work.
***Ranking based on advisors assets under management, asset growth, compliance record, experience, credentials and accessibility.
Zhang Financial sets a new standard for your finances. Established more than two decades ago,1 Zhang Financial has developed into a prominent industry leader while maintaining its client-centered focus. Zhang Financial is ranked one of the Top 300 Registered Investment Advisors in the nation by Financial Times.* For the past four years, Charles Zhang, CFP®, has been consistently placed in the top 20 on Barron's list of America's Top 100 Independent Wealth Advisors and is currently the highest ranking fee-only NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor on the list.**
With more than $2 billion in assets under management,2 Zhang Financial takes pride in working without conflicts of interest, proprietary products, investment banking and other questionable business practices. We are committed to upholding a fiduciary standard, providing our clients with customized and unbiased financial advice, first class service and an open-architecture investment platform for a competitive price. Ranked as Michigan's #1 Financial Advisor,†Charles Zhang provides personalized investment recommendations to every client in our firm. Your assets are in the custody of LPL, the largest independent broker dealer in the industry, or TD Ameritrade, an industry leader in technology and client service.
1Zhang Financial formerly operated under dba Zhang & Associates
2Zhang Financial's regulatory Assets Under Management can be found in Item 5.F of Zhang Financial's Form ADV 1, available at http://www.adviserinfo.sec.gov.
†As reported in Barron's February 18, 2013, February 22, 2014, February 23, 2015 and March 5, 2016. Based on assets under management, revenue generated for advisors' firms, quality of practices and other factors.
*FT 300 Disclosure: The 2015 Financial Times Top 300 Registered Investment Advisors is an independent listing produced by the Financial Times (June, 2015). The FT 300 is based on data gathered from RIA firms, regulatory disclosures, and the FT's research. As identified by the FT, the listing reflected each practice's performance in six primary areas, including assets under management, asset growth, compliance record, years in existence, credentials and accessibility. Neither the RIA firms nor their employees pay a fee to The Financial Times in exchange for inclusion in the FT 300.
**As reported in Barron's August 25, 2012, August 24, 2013, August 23, 2014 and August 24, 2015. The rankings reflects the volume of assets overseen by the advisors and their teams, revenues generated for the firms, the quality of the advisors' practices and other factors.