Claudia Mott| MBA, CFP®, CDFA™
Epona Financial Solutions
- Fee-Only Financial Planning
- Financial Review
- Hourly Fee Consultations
- Investment Management
- Divorce Financial Analysis
- Asset Allocation
- Retirement Planning
- Tax Planning
- College Savings
Basking Ridge, NJ 7920
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Claudia spent 13 years on Wall Street covering the small-cap segment of the stock market for Prudential Securities. She was named to the Institutional Investor All-Star Team for nine consecutive years and was the top-ranked small-cap analyst for seven years. Her insights and comments on the small-cap market were frequently quoted in financial publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Investor’s Business Daily and Money Magazine and she appeared regularly on CNBC. Her investment research has been published in the Journal of Portfolio Management and in a number of books on Small-Cap investing.
In 2007, she enrolled in the Certified Financial Planner® program at Fairleigh Dickenson and passed the exam in November of 2008. In addition to the Certified Financial Planner® designation, she is also a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™. Claudia graduated cum laude from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst with a degree in Organizational Behavior and completed her MBA at Boston University. As an active member of her community, she has served as Library Trustee, Board member and was President of the Friends of the Library fundraising committee. Claudia has also served as a Board member for a local Low-Income Senior Housing Center, Scout Leader and PTO committee chair. She is an avid equestrienne and also enjoys gardening.
- Certified Financial Planner™
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
- NAPFA (National Association of Professional Financial Advisors)
- FPA (Financial Planning Association)
- New Jersey Collaborative Law Group
- New Jersey Center for Collaborative Divorce and Mediation
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Somerset County Business Partnership
- Small Cap Stocks; Robert A. Klein & Jess Lederman 1993 Probus publishing
- Equity Style Management: Evaluating and Selecting Investment Styles: Robert A. Klein & Jess Lederman, 1995 Irwin
- The Handbook of Equity Style Management: T. Daniel Coggin & Frank, J. Fabozzi, 1995 Frank J. Fabozzi & Associates.
- Investing in Small Cap Stocks: Christopher Graha and Elizabeth Ungar, PhD. 1997 Bloomberg
- Indexing for Maximum Investment Results; Albert S. Neubert, Editor with John C. Bogle and Burton G. Malkiel. 1998
- Journal of Portfolio Management, Earnings Surprise, Fall 1993
- Journal of Investing, Performance Numbers Make the Case for Mid Caps, Spring 1994
Having experienced divorce and lived through the “year of fear”, I understand firsthand how daunting the experience of a major life change can be. I knew I could use my Wall Street background to help others navigate life’s financial challenges and so I started Epona Financial Solutions. The Epona name came as a result of an internet search. Someone told me to find a goddess….and I did.
In Celtic traditions, Epona is known as the “horse goddess”, protector of animals and of one’s dreams, hopes and ambitions. A nurturing caregiver, Epona is thought to provide protection to families, children and women who are about to give birth or when venturing on a new path in life. She was called upon to help the ancients during difficult life events such as grief and loss and is believed to help manifest blessings and prosperity.
In selecting Epona, I hit the nomenclature trifecta:
- Rebirth. A second career for me and a new life for many of those I work with.
- Abundance. Don’t you want someone working with your money to be blessed with it?
- Protector of horses. I’ve been riding horses since I was 12 years old.
- Educate and engage people to take control of their financial future.
- Inspire individuals to become involved and move forward with confidence in their financial lives.
- Provide unbiased and independent thinking and make it straightforward and uncomplicated.
- Design customized plans to meet each client’s goals.