Mike Palmer| CFP®
Ark Royal Wealth Management
- Fee-Only Financial Planning
- Multi-generational wealth
- Tax planning
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Management
- Wealth transfer
- Estate Planning
- DFA (Dimensional Fund Advisors)
- Legacy / Charitable planning
- 401(k) and IRAs
- Risk Management
Raleigh, NC 27612
Littleton, NC 27850
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Mike Palmer is an independent, fee-only financial planner. Ark Royal Wealth Management specializes in providing objective financial planning to help clients build, manage, grow, and protect their assets through life's transitions. Mike Palmer is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional. The individuals and families we serve understand the benefit of a thoughtfully conceived, carefully managed financial plan based on their specific needs. They look to us to chart a course, anticipate challenges and help navigate the complexities of today's world of personal finance.
Prior to founding Ark Royal Wealth Management in 2015, Mike Palmer spent over twenty-five years in the trust and wealth management fields.
Mr. Palmer’s career includes financial advisory and senior management positions at Central Carolina Bank, First Union National Bank and Trust Company of the South. Mr. Palmer is a graduate of Broughton High School and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional.
Mr. Palmer is an active member in several professional organizations including the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) and the Wake County Estate Planning Council. In 2006 he was one of ten advisors from across the nation to be selected to serve on TIAA-CREF’s Board of Financial Advisors.
He was a founding member of the Dimensional Fund Advisors National Study Group (DFA NSG), comprised of ten advisors from several of the country’s leading independent Registered Investment Advisory firms. His civic involvement includes membership on the Administrative Board of his church, the UNC Educational Foundation’s Planned Giving Council and the Lacy Foundation Board. His past service includes serving on the boards of North Carolina Amateur Sports and the Raleigh Capitals Athletic Association.
Mr. Palmer is a frequent writer and speaker, having articles published on financial planning and investing. He has been quoted on a variety of financial planning topics by national publications including Investment News, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Wealth Manager and SmartMoney. Mike and his wife, Meredith, have four children. He has coached youth baseball and basketball and enjoyed a decade long career as a Division I basketball referee.
We help successful people make smart decisions about money. We do that by:
- Nurturing a culture that puts our client’s interest first – always
- Being truthful and intellectually honest with ourselves and with our clients, even if it is difficult or uncomfortable
- Committing to lifelong learning and applying our wisdom efficiently and effectively every day
- Aligning what we say, what we do and what we think to honor ourselves, our families and our firm
Who We Serve:
Most have some degree of complexity in their life or financial situation. All are comfortable delegating to a trusted advisor. Many prefer to spend their time on their life’s passions (whatever those may be) preferring to delegate the day-to-day management of their financial affairs to a trusted professional.
We have discovered some “niches” within our clientele that you may find similar to your situation.
- Women of Wealth – Some of our clients are wives of successful professionals, some are widowed or divorced. Irrespective of how they came to it, they serve as the “family treasurer.” These are capable, smart women who like to be informed and educated on matters related to their financial situation, but who don’t want to be burdened with managing the details day in, day out.
- Successful Professionals – We work with a number of physicians, attorneys and business executives who are career focused and possess the self -awareness of “knowing what they don’t know.” They find peace of mind in working with a trusted professional who brings cohesion to the various moving parts of their financial situation. They value meaningful periodic updates on progress, while also looking to us to proactively identify potential challenges and devising possible solutions.
- Retirees – We serve a growing group of retirees, folks who prefer to pursue non-career interests like family, travel or volunteer work. They’ve been fiscally prudent during their working careers, accumulating sizeable nest eggs and want the freedom in retirement to “outsource” the minutiae of their finances to an expert. Many have done a great job of accumulating wealth, but need professional guidance in devising a plan and investment strategy to make sure they don’t outlive their assets. They realize at this stage in life, they won’t get a second chance if they get it wrong.