Stuart Coats| MBA, CFP®
Coats Financial Planning
- Fee-Only Model
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Investment Management
- Medium to High Net Worth Needs
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Business Owners & Executives
- Financial Goal Setting
- Tax Planning
Louisville, KY 40223-5631
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
Stuart Coats is a Louisville, KY Fee-Only Financial Planner serving Louisville and all surrounding areas. Coats Financial Planning specializes in providing objective financial planning to help clients build, manage, grow, and protect their assets through life's transitions. Stuart Coats is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional.
Stuart W. Coats is the founder and President of Coats Financial Planning, Inc. As a CFP® professional and NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor, Stuart is proud to provide unbiased financial advice to dozens of clients located in the Louisville area and all around the country.
Stuart spent a decade in key finance roles at two of the world’s most respected companies, General Electric Co. and Ford Motor Co., before following his true calling as a personal financial planner.
“For over 15 years,” says Stuart, “I have been privileged to put to work my own extensive finance experience and education to help folks sort through all the complexity in their financial lives -- to put their financial affairs in order and lay out clearly defined financial goals for the future. In addition, as a Fee-Only firm that accepts no commissions, I can be completely objective in my advice and recommendations. All potential conflicts of interest regarding compensation are removed. I work for no one but the client,” Stuart emphasizes.
In addition to more than 25 years of extensive experience as a finance professional, Stuart has two finance degrees – an MBA from Indiana University and a BBA from the University of Kentucky.
Stuart is a CFP® professional and a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor, having undergone a peer review of his financial planning work and accepted the strict code of ethics and fiduciary oath required by the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), a nationally-acclaimed organization devoted to providing comprehensive Fee-Only financial planning with the highest level of ethical standards.
A native of Elizabethtown, Kentucky, Stuart resides in Louisville with his wife, Anna and daughter, Georgia.
A pioneering firm in Louisville offering financial planning and investment advice on a fee-only basis, after over 15 years in business, Coats Financial Planning, Inc. today serves clients in Kentucky, Indiana and a dozen other states and offers a staff of three dedicated and qualified financial advisors, all of whom are CFP® professionals. We provide an independent, objective review of your financial situation, and seek a long-term ongoing relationship to help you meet your financial goals.
We think our firm is unique and here are several of the primary reasons to partner with us:
- We put the interests of the client first in everything we do 100% of the time. No exceptions. Make sure any advisor you hire will put that pledge in writing (other than NAPFA firms, few will).
- We are financial planners first. For instance, we emphasize tax planning as a way we can add significant value for a client at most any stage in life. We bring solid knowledge and application of the tax code and an understanding of how the client tax situation is likely to change over time. We use this insight to help the client keep a higher percentage of their retirement assets over time rather than pay it out in taxes.
- For those approaching retirement or already there, we offer rare expertise at crafting a retirement strategy that pulls all your retirement resources into a cohesive plan that is tax-efficient, sustainable and optimal for what is likely a multi-decade retirement period.
- On the investment side, we focus on low cost, tax-efficient and highly transparent investments and we maintain a long-term focus without the folly of trying to time the markets.
We hope you will visit our website to learn more about our firm.