Tyler Landes| CFP®, AIF®
Tandem Financial Guidance
- Fee-Only Financial Planning
- Financial Review
- Hourly Fee Consultations
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Management
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Services
- College Education Planning
- 401(k) and IRAs
- Business Planning
- Employee Benefits
Kansas City, MO 64114
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
My name is Tyler Landes and I’m a financial planner who loves to help young professionals and their families make their best financial choices early and often. It takes patience, persistence, and accountability to practice the behaviors necessary to achieve your big dreams.
There are many ways to “be” a financial advisor. I’m not the kind you’ll find playing golf at the country club or charting the markets behind a mahogany desk. I’m also not the advisor with the hot stock tip or the insurance salesman you’ll never hear from again. It’s more likely that we’ll chat about your student loans, the career change you’re considering, and how you’re saving to buy a house, when you run into me at the craft brewery down the street.
My generation is very aware that we need to plan and make smart financial decisions early and often. We’ve been taught money basics along the way, but at a certain point we all need guidance. I founded Tandem Financial Guidance to make financial advice accessible to everyone because we all dream big, and we don’t have to do it alone.
I’m the planner you should meet with to uncover what exactly your goals are in the first place. When you get the new job with the new benefits package, together we’ll pick the options that are right for you. When you meet “the one” and get married, we’ll make sure your money habits are aligned and work for you both. And when you call to say you’re expecting another child, we’ll adjust and tweak and craft new goals all together.
There’s no such thing as a successful “financial plan,” because plans change and the success is yours. The plan is only as good as the adjustments we make to it over time, and can only be as successful as the behaviors it inspires in you.
- I completed my Bachelor’s degree in Personal Financial Planning at the University of Missouri in 2009.
- After graduation I passed the Certified Financial Planner™ Exam in 2010, and satisfied the 3-year experience requirement to become a full CFP® Certificant in 2013.
- In 2012 I completed a course of study and passed an exam to become an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® designee (AIF®).
- In 2015 I was selected to serve as Director of NexGen for the Financial Planning Association (FPA) of Greater Kansas City. I have been a member since 2013 and also serve on the Membership Committee.
- I am “rank-pending” as a Certified Beer Judge after passing the written portion and taking the tasting exam in 2015. If this counts as a “qualification” to you, then we’re perfect for each other!
I live in Kansas City, Missouri with my fiancee, Molly, and her (our) cat whom I tolerate. Molly is a financial auditor at a large greeting card company, so you’d think our personal financial life would be neat and tidy. In reality, like many couples we each handle spending decisions very differently. Luckily we both value living within our means and making progress toward our future goals. In our spare time we enjoy live music, trying new restaurants, and traveling to new ballparks. I also dabble in homebrewing and am an aspiring beer snob.