Sunit Bhalla| CFP®
OakTree Financial Planning
- Fee-Only Financial Planning
- Objective Financial Advice
- Investment Management
- Tax Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- 401(k) and IRAs
- Business Planning
- Employee Benefits
- Financial Planning
- Portfolio Management
- Technology Professionals
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Fee-Only & Fiduciary
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country's leading association of fee-only and fiduciary financial planners.
OakTree Financial Planning is a fee-only firm that provides financial planning and portfolio management for engineers and technology professionals. While most of our clients are located in Northern Colorado, including Fort Collins and Loveland, we work with clients nationwide.
Working professionals typically have three fundamental questions:
- How much do I need to save every year?
- When can I retire?
- How much can I spend in retirement?
If you are retired, you may instead have a single, critically-important question: How much can I spend every year without running out of money?
Our work together would include answering these questions in a way that is consistent with your family’s priorities. Answering these retirement planning questions is only one component of a good financial plan. Other components include investments, insurance, estate plans, and taxes.
Creating a comprehensive financial plan is an important first step, but our services don’t stop there. Life changes. Financial goals are modified. Markets become more volatile. Inflation and taxes rise. Jobs are lost. New opportunities arise.
We believe that it is important to work with you over time to help you navigate these changes. You can email, call, or meet with us as often as you would like. As your life changes, we will work together to make appropriate changes to your financial plan. Together, we will get your entire financial house in order and keep it that way forever.
Serving Technology Professionals who want Comprehensive and Unbiased Advice
We specialize in building long-term relationships with our clients, and we work with clients only if we are the right financial planner for them.
We may be right for you if:
- You would value a comprehensive financial plan that includes retirement planning, investments, insurance, estate planning, and taxes.
- You would value having your portfolio professionally managed because you do not have the time, interest, or knowledge to manage it yourself.
- You are open to a long-term partnership with a financial planner. While you would be free to end our working relationship at any time, we prefer partnering with our clients for many years to help them manage their evolving financial circumstances.
- You work, or have worked, in the technology industry.
- You have high integrity, communicate well, and are fun to work with.
- You have over $1,000,000 of net worth (not including your home). While we do not have any hard asset minimums, we believe our services and fees are more appropriate for those who are, or will soon be, above this asset level
- You prefer a professional, yet relaxed, setting.
For more information, please visit our website at www.oaktreefp.com.
Sunit Bhalla, CFP®
Sunit Bhalla, principal of OakTree Financial Planning, is actively involved in the financial planning community and has spoken at national financial planning conferences. He has been quoted national periodicals such as the Wall Street Journal, Morningstar Advisor, InvestmentNews, and Kiplinger's. Visit our Presentations and Press page for more details.
Fee-Only Financial Planner for Engineers and Technology Professionals
OakTree Financial Planning provides financial planning and portfolio management for engineers and technology professionals. While most of our clients are located in Fort Collins and Loveland, Colorado, we work with clients nationwide. Our goal is to alleviate our clients' financial anxieties so that they can focus their time and energy on more enjoyable aspects of their life.
OakTree Financial Planning is a fee-only firm, which means that all fees are fully disclosed and paid directly to us by our clients. We do not sell investments, insurance, or other products and we do not receive any commissions. We believe that this fee-only structure allows us to have a more collaborative relationship with our clients because it reduces the possible conflicts of interest.