Disciplined Investments, LLC
Fee Only Financial Planner Located in Tulsa, OK and Serving Clients Nationwide
Adam Leavitt has been constructing wealth solutions for a diverse clientele of individuals and institutions for more than 12 years. He specializes in comprehensive financial planning and asset management with considerable experience regarding trusts, qualified retirement plans, non-profits, and private equity. He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and a registered financial advisor with the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors.
- Constructed investment policy statements for individuals, corporations, and non-profits
- Managed client portfolios valued up to $52 million
- Worked with executives to create 10b5-1 plans and stock option exercise strategies
- Supported litigation involving claims of another advisor’s mismanagement of funds
- Provided participant education to qualified retirement plan
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
Professional & Civic Affiliations
National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, Registered Advisor
City of Tulsa Municipal Employees’ Retirement Plan, Board of Trustees 2013-Present
Community Health Connection, Inc., Board member 2012-Present, Current Chair
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Board member 2012-2013
Emergency Infant Services, President of the Board 2009 -2012
Youth Services of Tulsa, Board member 2008-2009
Leadership Tulsa, Class 35
B.S., Finance, Oral Roberts University, Magna Cum Laude, Finance student of the year
M.B.A., Oklahoma State University
- Presenter, Investing Prudently: Active vs. Passive, State Chapter of OSCPA (Oklahoma Society of CPAs), November 2013
Adam Leavitt is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Disciplined Investments (DI) provides an integrated approach to investment and financial planning. Working with our clients’ other advisors, we are able to help coordinate the investment, tax, estate, and insurance protection issues to simplify the needs of individuals, families and business owners.
- We are goals-based rather than product-centric.
- We are independent rather than captive.
- We rely on evidence rather than predictions.
DI helps clients deploy their investment capital efficiently. Avoiding the speculative pursuits of investing, we attend to the most significant determinants of portfolio returns: discipline, diversification, fees, and tax efficiency. This uncommon approach requires discipline to make rational, as opposed to emotional, investment decisions. It also requires a commitment to educating our clients rather than convincing them of our superior investment foresight.
Financial Planning & Consulting Services
DI offers a broad range of services to create comprehensive financial plans designed to meet our clients’ personal financial objectives. Working collaboratively with external investment advisors, attorneys and other professionals, we are able to coordinate all aspects of a client’s financial plan. Services and areas of concentration include:
- Defined Contribution Plans
- Executive Planning
- Legacy Planning
- Charitable & Planned Giving Strategies
- Retirement Planning
- Sudden Wealth
- Social Security Planning
- Insurance Consulting
- Education Funding
- Investment Advice/Education
- Estate Planning
- Income Tax Planning
DI takes its fiduciary responsibility seriously. Without commission, referral or soft-dollar arrangements, we operate on a fee-only basis to ensure everyone’s interests are aligned with those of the client. And because each client is unique, every relationship is tailored to meet the client’s needs. Services range from hourly consulting to comprehensive wealth management.
To maintain our objectivity, DI is compensated directly by the client.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Adam Leavitt is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Adam Leavitt is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Contact Adam Leavitt
2222 South Utica Place
Tulsa, OK 74114