CFP®, EA, MBA
Davis Financial Planning, LLC
Fee-Only financial planner located in Asheville, NC, serving clients locally and across the country
He began his financial services career working closely with small businesses and their owners as a small business client manager and Asheville senior banking executive for Bank of America. He then provided holistic financial planning and advice for affluent and high net worth clients as the private banking manager and wealth services team leader for SunTrust. He then managed banking activities in western North Carolina as western region executive with Capital Bank.
Al is active in the Asheville community having served on the board of directors of the UNC Asheville Foundation, The Kiwanis Club of Asheville, The Land of the Sky Estate Planning Council, The Health Adventure, The Asheville Parks and Greenways Foundation. Al is also a long-time supporter and volunteer with the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce, United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County, and Big Brothers Big Sisters of WNC.
Al graduated from Appalachian State University earning a degree in business administration in 1991 and earned an MBA from The University of Tennessee in 1993.
NAPFA Start Date: September 23, 2010
Industry Start Date: May 01, 2000
Al Davis is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Taking the Worry Out of Your Financial Future Is Our Only Goal
Do you want to feel more confident about the financial decisions you make? Would you rest easier knowing that you are doing everything you need to in order to achieve financial independence? Do you want to have more time and freedom for the things you enjoy? You can.
Whatever your current situation, financial concerns have an impact on your life and relationships. We can help you make the financial decisions that will make the most of what you have now and help you build a more secure, enjoyable future.
Davis Financial Planning is a fee-only tax and financial planning firm based in beautiful downtown Asheville. We offer professional, independent, and objective tax and financial planning services without bias from outside compensation. The only compensation we receive is directly from our clients. We do not receive or accept commissions, referral fees, or third-party incentives.
Al S. Davis, the founder of Davis Financial Planning, has been recognized as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ since 2007 and has been in the financial services industry since 2000. He is also an Enrolled Agent allowing him to represent clients before the Internal Revenue Service.
Al is active in the Asheville community having served on the board of directors of the UNC Asheville Foundation, The Kiwanis Club of Asheville, The Land of the Sky Estate Planning Council, The Health Adventure, and The Asheville Parks and Greenways Foundation. Al is also a long-time supporter and volunteer with the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce, United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County, and Big Brothers Big Sisters of WNC.
Al graduated from Appalachian State University earning a degree in business administration in 1991 and earned an MBA from The University of Tennessee in 1993. Al has previously served in various leadership positions in the banking and financial services field in Asheville.
When you work with us, you can expect:
- Straight talk. We don’t sell any financial products nor do we receive any commissions. As fee-only financial advisors, our only compensation is what you pay for our professional advice. Our complete focus is on what is best for you.
- All-inclusive approach. Together we evaluate all aspects of your finances and design a strategy where each part works in harmony with the others. You’ll see that we pay a lot of attention to areas of your financial life that are often overlooked or ignored by other “financial planners.”
- Access. Life is constantly changing. For one annual retainer fee, you can meet with us or speak to us often as is necessary to help you accomplish your financial goals.
- Value for your money. We are committed to providing value that exceeds our fee. It’s a concept that is virtually non-existent in the financial planning profession. But doesn’t it make sense that your financial advisor should work to save you more than he charges you?
- The highest professional standards. We are committed to the Cambridge Pledge to Clients—your assurance of receiving the ethical and professional treatment you deserve.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Al Davis is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Al Davis is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Al Davis is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Al Davis
One Oak Plaza
Asheville, NC 28801