Rockbridge Investment Management
Fee-Only financial planner located in Syracuse, NY, serving clients locally and across the country
How I got here: “I’ve always had an interest in financial planning. Initially my research and studies were put to use in my own personal situation. As others found value in what I had learned and shared, a career idea was born. I had no interest in selling financial products so I focused on the fee-only advisor model. I became passionate about building a business around the ideas that I share with the incredible team at Rockbridge.”
Favorite part of the job: “I enjoy learning about people, especially what drives and concerns them. I find real satisfaction in simplifying the financial lives of interesting people that I enjoy being with.”
Experience: find here
Education: Syracuse University (B.A), College for Financial Planning (CFP®)
Professional organizations: Board member, Countryside Credit Union, Board member, Financial Planning Association of CNY.
Community: Board member and girls travel team coach, F-M youth soccer, Board member, Downtown Syracuse YMCA
Odd family goal: a summer road trip touring the latest presidential libraries in Texas and Arkansas (before my kids are too old to say no.)
Anthony Farella is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Our investment philosophy is built around our belief that capital markets work. In a market where buyers and sellers have the same information, prices quickly reflect the collective wisdom of the market. Successful long-term investors must therefore focus on the following activities.
- Understand risk – Asset allocation is the primary determinant of portfolio returns; and one cannot expect to be paid for risk that can be diversified away.
- Measure performance – Results must be compared to relevant benchmarks to determine progress toward established goals.
- Rebalance and stay disciplined – Investing is a dynamic process requiring adjustments to maintain a targeted risk exposure in the portfolio. A rebalancing discipline will keep emotions out of the decision process.
- Control costs – Superior performance is the result of managing risk and controlling costs.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Anthony Farella is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Anthony Farella is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Anthony Farella is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Anthony Farella is a CFA® charterholder
A Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) is a professional designation given by the CFA Institute, formerly AIMR, that measures the competence and integrity of financial analysts. Candidates are required to pass three levels of exams covering areas such as accounting, economics, ethics, money management and security analysis.
Contact Anthony Farella
220 South Warren Street
Syracuse, NY 13202