West Financial Services, Inc.
Fee-Only financial planner located in McLean, VA, serving McLean, Fairfax County and the Washington DC area and across the country
Brian Horan is a McLean, VA fee-only financial planner. West Financial Services offers financial planning and investment management services to individuals, families, businesses, foundations and associations. Our retirement plan consulting services for plan sponsors and trustees helps ensure fiduciary obligations are met. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Brian Horan is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Brian Horan joined West Financial Services in July 2017 and serves as a relationship manager providing investment management, consulting, and financial planning services to clients. For the 24 years prior to joining West Financial, he held numerous leadership positions working with senior executives, retirees, board members, and business owners to achieve successful outcomes based on their objectives. In 2016, Brian was named a top bank financial adviser in the Washingtonian.
Brian earned a B.S. in Finance from Providence College and an Executive Masters in Leadership from Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business. He has also completed the Wealth Management Theory and Practice program at the Yale School of Management and is a Certified Private Wealth Advisor® professional.
Brian lives in Washington, DC with his wife and three children. He enjoys following his favorite New England sports teams from afar and playing golf when he is not shuttling children to various sporting events.
Brian Horan is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
At West Financial Services, we have spent over 35 years building a firm dedicated to taking a conservative and ethical approach to growing and protecting our clients’ wealth and prosperity. Since our inception in 1982, we have provided financial services on a fee-only basis, acting as a fiduciary for our clients. Each member of our team fully embraces the importance of this role and what it means for our clients. We bring planning excellence, investment discipline and personal service to everything we do.
Though every client is different, there is a common theme – they come to us when they are in need of support and coordination of various facets of their financial lives.
- Whether issues relate to retirement, inheritance, divorce or job loss, we strive not only to protect clients’ wealth, but to provide guidance and education, as well as a sense of control and ownership of the decisions they make.
- Though wide ranging in background and ages, our clients are primarily accomplished professionals who have built their wealth through business ownership, strong saving habits and long careers.
- Clients may be risk takers in their businesses, but tend to be moderate to conservative risk investors. They are looking to us as consultants who can bridge the gap between their work lives, existing personal investment and retirement assets, and their future cash flow, retirement and estate needs.
In all cases, we collaborate with clients’ professionals or specialists, or make introductions for clients when necessary. We take a positive, proactive and consultative approach to understanding the needs and desires of each individual client or family. Our goal is to anticipate obstacles and identify opportunities for our clients so that they have time to incorporate changes that create their best possible future.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Brian Horan is a Certified Private Wealth Advisor ® (CPWA®)
The CPWA certification is an advanced professional education and certification for advisors who provide the breadth of specialized skills required to meet the needs of high-net-worth clients. This certification requires advisors to develop advanced knowledge and skills to address the wide range of complex issues faced by wealthy individuals and families, including portfolio strategies, wealth transfer, family dynamics, risk management, asset protection, closely-held business ownership, charitable giving, estate planning, retirement planning, and more. Fewer than 1% of financial advisors have achieved the CPWA certification.
Contact Brian Horan
2010 Corporate Ridge Road
McLean, VA 22102