CFP®, EA, PFP
Financial Connections Group, Inc.
Financial and Investment Advisor
Headquartered in Marin County with additional offices in Berkeley and San Francisco. We service clients in Sonoma, San Francisco and the East Bay.
Brian Pon is a fee-only Certified Financial Planner™ Professional and an IRS Enrolled Agent. He joined Financial Connections Group, Inc. in 2000 and is now a principal in the firm. He works with individuals, trusts, families, and small businesses.
- Adjunct Professor teaching tax planning for Golden Gate University’s Financial Planning Program
- Mentors financial planning students in the Golden Gate University’s Financial Planning Program
- Conducted seminars for the Consumer Credit Counseling Service of the East Bay (now a division of Money Management International) on budgeting, cash and debt management, and introductory investing
Brian was voted Volunteer of the Year by Consumer Credit Counseling Service of the East Bay
PREVIOUS EDUCATION AND PROFESSION
Brian is a recovering engineer: He graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, with a degree in Engineering Physics. He worked for the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory for nine years where he researched the effects of energy use
on the environment.
Brian Pon is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Broad expertise, individual attention.
Our first step is to meet with you and see if we are a good fit for each other. We understand that emotions are involved when discussing money, whether the issue is inheriting, saving or spending. For many, turning to a fiduciary advisor putting your interests first diffuses anxiety. Our professional, yet informal approach creates a comfortable atmosphere for discussing and reviewing what may be sensitive issues about your life and your future.
Every individual or couple has different needs, and it’s important that we understand yours. The process begins by focusing on your goals. What’s your timeframe to accumulate money for retirement? What will you do in retirement? What are your options to receive income in retirement? Are you prepared for these changes? We help you grapple with issues you’ve wondered about – and will probably raise some that you haven’t thought of.
Once we identify your goals, we define the steps that can help you achieve them. Our role is to offer different scenarios to achieve your goals and their ramifications. With this information, we hope it will help you select a roadmap moving you towards your financial goals.
Depending upon your stage in life, your requirements will vary. As a result, you may need a financial plan or assistance with one or several of the following areas.
- Education Planning
- Buying a home
- Selecting employee benefits and 401(k) investment options
- Risk management (e.g. disability and life insurance)
- Retirement / Transition Planning
- Retirement Income and Withdrawal Strategies
- Retirement Workshop (non-economic issues in retirement)
- Concierge Service (work with you as your Chief Financial Consultant with ongoing planning, tax planning, Medicare and long-term care planning, estate planning, etc.)
- Customized portfolio designed to reflect your goals, objectives, time horizon and tax situation
- FC Digital – fully automated web based offering. Investment model assigned based on responses to risk questions
- Update existing financial plan
- Second opinion on your investment portfolio
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Brian Pon is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Brian Pon is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Brian Pon is a member of the Garrett Planning Network. Click here to learn more.
Everyone needs competent, objective financial advice from time to time. The Garrett Planning Network has a nationwide membership with hundreds of independent, Fee-Only financial planners providing advice to people from all walks of life, without minimum account requirements, sales commissions, or long-term commitments. Our members proudly embrace their fiduciary duty, always placing their clients' best interests first.
Contact Brian Pon
2608 Ninth Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
Mailing Address: 21 Tamal Vista Blvd.
Corte Madera, CA 94925
201 Spear Street
San Francisco, CA 94105