Curtis Financial Planning
Fee Only Financial Advisor, based in Oakland, California and serving the wider San Francisco Bay and specializing in the finances of women and their families.
As an independent, fee-only investment advisory and financial planning firm, Curtis Financial Planning is focused on helping women and their families create prosperity through effective financial planning and investment management. As a Certified Financial Planner practitioner and NAPFA member, Cathy Curtis is proud to be a fiduciary advisor to her clients.
As a advocate for financial literacy, Cathy is an effective public speaker and has presented to the Professional Women of the East Bay Lean-In Group, Women's Environmental Network, the Commonwealth Club of California, the YWCA, and Berkeley Women in Business. She writes for her own blog "Of Independent Means" and is a writer for AOL Daily Finance and CNBC. She is a member of the CNBC Financial Advisor council since 2012.
Financial planning for women, their families and their businesses; building optimal low volatility portfolios; cash flow and goal setting; comprehensive financial plan production; 401(k)rollover planning; traditional and ESG/SRI investing; estate administration; real estate and mortgage finance.
Cathy Curtis is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
Curtis Financial Planning is an independent, fee-only financial planning and investment advisory firm located in Oakland, California, near the border of the city of Piedmont. The firm specializes in the finances of women and their families. Curtis Financial Plannings's goal is to form a confidential fiduciary relationship with you – one that is bound by trust and an obligation to act in your best interest at all times.
Read more about Cathy Curtis, CFP®.
Women Have Distinct Needs
A primary concern of women is that they will be old and poor. And the simple truth is that women do have unique planning needs. Look at these facts:
- 80% of American women will find themselves the sole keepers of their personal finances at some point during their lives, however, most of those women feel financially insecure, despite controlling more wealth, having more education and being more involved in financial decisions.
- Women make on average 70-75% of what men make in similar occupations.
- Women's careers are often interrupted by family needs, both childcare and eldercare which limits their opportunity for income growth.
- 50% of all women fear losing everything and becoming bag ladies
(48% of women who earn $100,000 or more annually fear this).
- Two-thirds of women over age 65 rely on Social Security as their primary source of income. Consequently, women are twice as likely as men to live out their golden years at or below poverty levels.
That is why it is so vital that women plan, save, and invest for financial security: it is not money that makes people financially successful, it is time.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Cathy Curtis is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Cathy Curtis is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Cathy Curtis is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Cathy Curtis
525 Bellevue Avenue
Oakland, CA 94610