Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC
Principal and Financial Advisor
Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC
Principal and Financial Advisor
As a fee-only financial planner, my focus is to offer unbiased financial advice to help you achieve your life goals. - Charles Fitzgerald, CFP®
Fee-Only financial planner located in Orlando, FL, serving clients locally and across the country
Charles Fitzgerald is a Orlando, FL fee-only financial planner. Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning to help Baby Boomers, Gen X, corporate executives and business owners organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transition. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Charles Fitzgerald is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Charlie Fitzgerald III, is a principal and founding member of the firm. With the support of our team of experienced professionals, Charlie provides financial planning and wealth management services to high net worth individuals, corporate executives, business owners, retirees, and trustees. In 2015, Charlie began a four-year term as a Board Director for the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. The CFP Board’s mission is to benefit the public by granting the CFP® certification and upholding the CFP® mark as the recognized standard of excellence for competent and ethical personal financial planning.
Charlie recently completed a four-year term as a board director for the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. He has been a member of the Campaign Development Committee for the CFP Board’s Center for Financial Planning since 2015.
Charlie has been a CFP® professional since 1992. He graduated with honors from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, majoring in Finance. He has over 35 years of experience in the financial services profession, including 13 years as a business and financial manager for AT&T. His advice has been featured in various local and national media outlets including newspapers, radio and television stations and national magazines.
In 2009, Charlie received the Financial Planning Association’s “Heart of Financial Planning Distinguished Service Award” for his work as a founder and leader of the FPA of Florida. During his 10 years of service to the FPA of Florida, Charlie served as president three times and chairman twice. Most notable was his work to advance the goals of the association by advocating for Florida’s citizens, financial planners and CFP® professionals to Florida’s elected officials and regulators.
Charlie has over two decades of leadership and civic involvement through his church, community and profession. He and his wife, Lisa, have been married for 32 years and have three adult children and one grandchild.
Charles Fitzgerald is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
We can’t know what the future holds, but preparing a sound financial plan can help to ensure you will be ready for whatever lies ahead. Uncertainty in the financial markets makes having an advocate for your family’s unique interests even more essential. In a world where conflicts of interest and poor strategies abound, we have created a sanctuary offering stability and a reliable source of truly independent, objective advice for families.
- We are caring. While we work on portfolios and other financial matters, we work for individuals and families.
- We are independent fiduciaries. We work for no one but our clients, and our legal obligations are to our clients’ interests first and foremost. We never “switch hats” to become sales people.
- We are objective. We may recommend, or not recommend, any investment from any source. We receive no compensation based upon the sale or purchase of any particular products. All products are evaluated based solely upon their merits or lack thereof and not on any compensation incentives.
- We are disciplined. We evaluate financial products, investment opportunities, and strategies with a healthy dose of skepticism that has often helped our clients improve their prospects for success by avoiding overlooked risks and unnecessary costs.
- We are investors, not speculators. We manage our clients’ investment portfolios but we do not “play the market,” try to time the market or otherwise gamble with our client’s money.
- We are proactive. We scour the economic, tax, and market environments to identify opportunities to shore up financial weaknesses without lessening strengths.
- We are realistic. We do not believe in following investment gurus. We consider the mainstream financial media as mostly a source of entertainment and not a meaningful aid to sound decision-making.
- We are well-qualified. Our team has six CFP® professionals working for you, and the resumes of our principals speak for themselves. Ron Tamayo is a member of the Editorial Review Board for the Journal of Financial Planning. Charles Fitzgerald, III served as President of the FPA of Florida and Dan Moisand recently was national President and Chairman of the Financial Planning Association (FPA).
- We are experienced. We have guided our clients through bubbles and busts, bull markets and bear markets, hype and hysteria, all while helping them make sound decisions regarding their retirement plans, taxes, education expenses, estate plans, trust management, risk management, stock options, health care needs and whatever else has arisen.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Charles Fitzgerald is a NAPFA Associate
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Charles Fitzgerald is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Charles Fitzgerald is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo Recognized by Schwab Advisor Services with 2019 Trailblazer IMPACT Award™
Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC is a Support of the Foundation for Financial Planning
Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC Named 10 Best Financial Advisors in Orlando (for 2019) by Careful Cents
Charles Fitzgerald is Chair of the Development Committee for the CFP Board
Charles Fitzgerald is Quoted on CNBC: "How to get fast cash during the coronavirus pandemic"
Charles Fitzgerald Contributes to InvestmentNews
Charles Fitzgerald is Featured in the Orlando Sentinel
Charles Fitzgerald is Mentioned in the Orlando Business Journal
Charles Fitzgerald is Quoted in the Financial Planning Association of Florida News
Charles Fitzgerald is Quoted on Daily News: "Financial planners set fiduciary rules with investors in mind"
Charles Fitzgerald is Quoted in the Columbia Tribune: "Struggling children put financial strain on families"
Charles Fitzgerald is Principal and Financial Advisor at For CRE Brokers, Financial Planning for Commercial Real Estate Brokers
Contact Charles Fitzgerald
300 South Orange Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801
6767 N. Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32940