Christine A. Centeno
Simplicity Wealth Management
Founder and Financial Planner
Fee-Only, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ in Richmond, VA, serving clients locally and across the country. My fiduciary responsibility is only to you, the client.
Christine Centeno is a Richmond, VA fee-only financial planner. Simplicity Wealth Management provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management to help clients organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. She specializes in working with individuals with company stock, restricted stock, RSUs, stock options and ESPPs. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Christine Centeno is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Christine A. Centeno, CFP®, MS is the Founder and Financial Planner at Simplicity Wealth Management located in Richmond, VA.
I’m passionate, straightforward, down to earth, and love to learn. I believe financial planning and investments should be delivered in a simple, honest, and easy to understand manner.
My 12-year career in the financial industry has led me to a few simple conclusions:
- Advisors rarely LISTEN, tend to overcomplicate, and use jargon
- Your investments don’t have to be fancy or overcomplicated, and most importantly should match YOUR vision for the future
- How and what you pay for advice should be transparent
As a fee-only planner, I help people like YOU. I specialize in comprehensive financial planning for:
- Busy professionals and executives who need help understanding their stock compensation and complicated employee or executive benefits
- Individuals with company stock, restricted stock, RSUs, stock options and ESPPs
- Fee-only, Fiduciary
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Master Planner Advanced Studies (MPASⓇ)
- 11 years of financial industry experience including Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, and independent firms
- The eternal student
- Masters Degree in Financial Planning
- Undergraduate Degree from the University of Notre Dame, Go IRISH!
Personal & Fun Facts:
- I live in Glen Allen, VA with my husband, Osmin, and our dog Sorin.
- Current Adjunct Professor at VCU School of Business
- In my free time, you find me riding the Virginia Capital Trail, hiking in the Canadian Rockies, and collecting new stamps in my passport.
- I’m a Teach for America alumni. I taught bilingual first grade and 5th grade Math & Science.
Christine A. Centeno is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Simplicity Wealth Management is a fee-only financial planning firm offering Financial Planning and Investment Management services.
It Starts With a Financial Plan
Every Financial Decision You Make is Guided by Your Plan
- We focus on exactly what is right for you and for your situation.
- Your plan is designed to deliver your goals—on your timeframe.
- A plan is a living document. We make changes to the plan when your priorities and goals change.
- Your investments must support your Financial Plan—not the other way around.
- Tax efficiency guides all planning and investment decisions.
- Having an in-depth and comprehensive plan gives you greater confidence in your choices.
- Having a plan helps to focus on what's important and eliminates the “noise” in the marketplace.
- Less stress, less worry. You'll feel secure that you have thoroughly planned.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Investment Management
- Tax Planning
- Planning around Concentrated Stock Positions
- Employee Benefits Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Equity Recipients (Restricted Stock, RSUs, stock options, ESPPs)
- Individuals with Company Stock
- Busy Professionals
- Women's Finances
- Near Retirees
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Christine Centeno is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Christine Centeno is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Christine A. Centeno is a Member of the XY Planning Network
The XY Planning Network is the leading organization of fee-only financial advisors who are focused on working with Generation X and Generation Y clients. Our mission is to connect consumers with best-in-class financial advisors who specialize in working with clients just like you.
Christine A. Centeno is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Contact Christine A. Centeno
2400 Old Brick Rd
Glen Allen, VA 23060