MBA, CFP®, CDFA®„
Epona Financial Solutions
Fee-Only financial planner located in Basking Ridge, NJ, serving clients locally and across the country
Claudia Mott is a Basking Ridge, NJ fee-only financial planner. Epona Financial Solutions provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and divorce financial analysis to help clients organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Claudia Mott is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Claudia Mott spent 13 years on Wall Street covering the small-cap segment of the stock market for Prudential Securities. She was named to the Institutional Investor All-Star Team for nine consecutive years and was the top-ranked small-cap analyst for seven years. Her insights and comments on the small-cap market were frequently quoted in financial publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Investor’s Business Daily and Money Magazine and she appeared regularly on CNBC. Her investment research has been published in the Journal of Portfolio Management and in a number of books on Small-Cap investing.
In 2007, she enrolled in the Certified Financial Planner® program at Fairleigh Dickenson and passed the exam in November of 2009. In addition to the Certified Financial Planner® designation, she is also a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™. Claudia graduated cum laude from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst with a degree in Organizational Behavior and completed her MBA at Boston University. As an active member of her community, she is Board Treasurer for the BlinkNow organization, a member of the United Way of Northern NJ Women United Committee and a member of Impact 100 Garden State. She was a founding member and past-President of the Long Hill Library Foundation and is a current Board member. The mother of three adult children and one horse, she also enjoys golf and working in her yard.
- Certified Financial Planner™
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
- NAPFA (National Association of Professional Financial Advisors)
- FPA (Financial Planning Association)
- New Jersey Center for Collaborative Divorce and Mediation
- Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Morris County Business Partnership
- Basking Ridge Business Alliance
- Small Cap Stocks; Robert A. Klein & Jess Lederman 1993 Probus publishing
- Equity Style Management: Evaluating and Selecting Investment Styles: Robert A. Klein & Jess Lederman, 1995 Irwin
- The Handbook of Equity Style Management: T. Daniel Coggin & Frank, J. Fabozzi, 1995 Frank J. Fabozzi & Associates.
- Investing in Small Cap Stocks: Christopher Graha and Elizabeth Ungar, PhD. 1997 Bloomberg
- Indexing for Maximum Investment Results; Albert S. Neubert, Editor with John C. Bogle and Burton G. Malkiel. 1998
- Journal of Portfolio Management, Earnings Surprise, Fall 1993
- Journal of Investing, Performance Numbers Make the Case for Mid Caps, Spring 1994
Claudia Mott is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning.
Having experienced divorce and lived through the “year of fear”, I understand firsthand how daunting the experience of a major life change can be. I knew I could use my Wall Street background to help others navigate life’s financial challenges and so I started Epona Financial Solutions. The Epona name came as a result of an internet search. Someone told me to find a goddess….and I did.
In Celtic traditions, Epona is known as the “horse goddess”, protector of animals and of one’s dreams, hopes and ambitions. A nurturing caregiver, Epona is thought to provide protection to families, children and women who are about to give birth or when venturing on a new path in life. She was called upon to help the ancients during difficult life events such as grief and loss and is believed to help manifest blessings and prosperity.
In selecting Epona, I hit the nomenclature trifecta:
- Rebirth. A second career for me and a new life for many of those I work with.
- Abundance. Don’t you want someone working with your money to be blessed with it?
- Protector of horses. I’ve been riding horses since I was 12 years old.
- Educate and engage people to take control of their financial future.
- Inspire individuals to become involved and move forward with confidence in their financial lives.
- Provide unbiased and independent thinking and make it straightforward and uncomplicated.
- Design customized plans to meet each client’s goals.
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Claudia Mott is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is a leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Claudia Mott is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional - Click for Verification
CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards to ensure financial planning recommendations are in your best interest. What’s more, a CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients and pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam before they can use the CFP® designation.
Claudia Mott is a member of The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
FPA® is the largest membership organization for CFP® professionals in the U.S. and supports high standards of professional competence, ethical conduct, and clear, complete disclosure when serving clients.
Claudia Mott is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA®)
A CDFA® professional is a financial professional skilled at analyzing data and providing expertise on the financial issues of divorce. The role of the CDFA® professional is to assist the client and his or her attorney to understand how the decisions he or she makes today will impact the client’s financial future. A CDFA® can take on many roles in the divorce process: Financial Expertise and Strategy, Data Collection and Analysis, Expert Presenter and Litigation Support. In some cases, CDFA® professionals are called upon to act as expert witnesses in court or in mediation proceedings.
Contact Claudia Mott
5 Lyons Mall # 176
Basking Ridge, NJ 7920