Legacy Wealth Planning, LLC
Fee-Only financial planner located in Overland Park, KS, serving clients locally and across the country
My passion is helping people. I feel very fortunate to be able to combine all of my experience into one discipline that was not a widely recognized occupation when I started. In retrospect, I was able to follow a blueprint very similar to one you would pursue if you came out of college today with the goal of being a financial planner. The most difficult part of the plan was to convert to a Fee-Only advisor relationship. However, it has provided the best 13 years out of the 35 year journey.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Speech Communications and Human Relations from the University of Kansas
- Chartered Financial Consultant from The American College
- Chartered Life Underwriter from The American College
- NAPFA member since 1998
Licenses held before becoming Fee-Only
- NASD Series 22, 6 & 63
- Licensed insurance representative, Kansas & Missouri
- Former member of Methodist Church finance committee
- Current member of Methodist Church Foundation
I currently live in Overland Park, Kansas with my wife Brenda. We have two children, a son and daughter who are both living on their own.
Dean Cherpitel is a Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors - highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
NAPFA members live by three important values:
- To be the beacon for independent, objective financial advice for individuals and families.
- To be the champion of financial services delivered in the public interest.
- To be the standard bearer for the emerging profession of financial planning
We have designed our firm based on a few unalterable cornerstones. These make us different than other firms in the market place. They are:
- To operate as fee-only and remain independent
- To provide holistic wealth management services to clients,
- To continue to evolve using the best investment management products and processes available
- To be the most transparent, and
- To offer the advantages of a smaller boutique firm.
The motivation behind these principles is that we want clients not customers. This involves a closer family-style personal relationship. We are interested in quality as opposed to quantity. We do not view our work as a competition for the highest number of clients, the largest quantity of financial plans completed each year or the most assets under management.
Probably the most important philosophical tenet of Legacy Wealth Planning is our method of fee-only compensation. Financial advisors usually are compensated in one of three ways:
- Through fees (and only fees) paid to them by clients for their work. This is either as a percentage of investment assets under management and/or retainer fees for planning;
- Through commissions on investment and/or insurance products that are sold to clients; or
- Through a combination of fees and commissions usually referred to as fee-based where a percentage of assets under management is charged and the advisor also receives commissions for investments recommended in the portfolio
Fee-Only, Fiduciary, Independent: Three Important Criteria to Consider When Choosing a Financial Advisor.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Management
- College Education Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirees and Near Retirees
- Growing Families
- Business Owners and Executives
- Sudden Money Situations
- Novice Investors
- In-Office Meetings
- Virtual Meetings
- Clearly Defined Fees
- No Product Sales
- Complimentary Initial Consultation
Professional Designations & Affiliations
Dean Cherpitel is a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
Dean Cherpitel is a Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®)
A Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®) is a professional designation for individuals specializing in life insurance and estate planning. Individuals must complete five core courses and three elective courses, and successfully pass all eight two-hour, 100-question examinations in order to receive the CLU® designation.
Dean Cherpitel is a Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®)
Chartered Financial Consultant® designations are granted upon completion of seven required courses and two elective courses. Those who earn the designation are understood to be knowledgeable in financial matters and to have the ability to provide sound advice.
Contact Dean Cherpitel
5750 W. 95th Street
Overland Park, KS 66207